Script Summary: Improves Ynet and cleans it up, removes ads, lets you read articles without leaving the front page.
Check out the experimental little script Ynet - Hide Unwanted Sections . It's quite nice.
What this does:This script subtly enhances Ynet (www.ynet.co.il). It replaces my former script “Ynet Article Viewer”, and it’s more versatile. First, it lets you read articles without leaving the page which lists them. (Thus it retains all the functionality of “Ynet Article Viewer”.) When you click on a link to an article, the article will appear in a box inside the current page, just below the link you clicked. (See screenshot below.) You can turn off this feature if you don’t like it.Second, there are various other improvements:
- Removing textual advertisements.
- Disabling auto-refresh. (without hurting the redirection from http://ynet.co.il)
- Removing other ads. In effect this removes 99% of the banners. But you should use Adblock and not count on this script to remove all ads (because Adblock is 1. faster and 2. more reliable).
- v0.45 (4.6.07): Tiny fix to merlin ad blocking.
- v0.44 (19.5.07): Improved ad blocking, fixed the bottom bar which allows you to disable in-page article viewing.
- v0.4 (26.3.07): Major update to code infrastructure-- runs faster now! You must use Greasemonkey version 0.6.8.20070314 at least.
- v0.32 (25.2.07): Removing a few more ads.
- v0.31 (2.1.07): Disabling auto-refresh; Added support for captions inside articles. Remove merlin text ads.
- v0.3 (17.10.06): Changed name to Ynet Enhancer. Removes spaces of ads.
- v0.21 (3.10.06): Improved “Close” button functionality – when you click close, you go back to where you started.
- v0.2 (28.1.06): Added Close button, fixed broken pages, improved stability.
- v0.1 (26.1.06): First version.