Script Summary: Turn plain text URLs into links in Quake Live. Comes with a possibility to change link color.
I took the Linkify Plus and modified it to change link color because in Quake Live chat links were white with white background. I have also made some simple bug fixes that prevented the script to work properly and added an menu in where you can change the color.
To get the menu work on Chrome, you need to use an extension called Tampermonkey.
Quake Live forum thread:
For other Quake Live userscripts made by me, see
Linkify Plus (wont work properly with Quake Live):
- Replaced /r/ from the links with /#! - if someone gave you a join link or a link to game stats before it could have reloaded QL again but this prevents it
- Compatibility fix - had UI problems with custom map launcher
- Fixed last version and other small fixes
- Changed where links are opened. All Quake Live links that are not to forums are opened in the same window and the rest will open in a new tab or window.
- Rewrote functions that gave the text to linkifycontainer, now the script should be a lot lighter
- Another bugfix and stopped looking for email addresses.
- Bugfix - Possible looping.
- Removed commands from Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu and added a dropdown selection to change color for better compatibility.
- Still better lagfix.
- Even better lagfix.
- Attemp to fix lag.
- Little improvement to lagfix.
- Improved lagfix.
- Made the color changing work better.
- Added possibility to change color through Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu.
- Limited the use to Quake Live.
- Changed event listener type, now links should appear even after the first message.
- Parenthesis fix
Version 1.0.0, 07.02.2010
- First version. Changed link color to red.