Script Summary: Adds additional functionality to improve the Business Tycoon Online gaming experience.
BBTO Disappeared? Read this! GreaseMonkey 1.0 & FF19.0.0 Update
Please do not upgrade to FF19, staying on FF18.
Seems that FF19 has broken the ability to listen to the xmlHttpRequest object meaning we can't tell when the player has clicked on the screen and catch the information being sent back so as to modify the screen.
We have found a solution, but it requires modifying code in hundreds of places in the 22,000 line BBTO script. Hoping to make a dent into the code needing to be tweaked. Happy that we found at least a workaround to the problem.
Beyond Business Tycoon Online
- Changed the include / exclude so that they now work automatically for all licensed DOVOGAME Business Tycoon Online deployments
- Looking for translators to help with Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese BTO v2.0. We are currently localizing BBTO and would like to support the other versions out there.
Current Release: v0.63 on January 21st, 2013
- v0.63 Attire Manager and My Teams with new My Team Plan cloning that will minimize the dreaded Assign button that can crash browsers for companies with lots of employees. Read all about the changes
- v0.62 Employee Management Improvements including Employee Bookmarking that will lead to some really cool new features for managing Elite, Elite Union and Stronghold teams. Read all about the changes
- v0.61 CEO Tools now has sub-menu for Employees and Stores b/c was running out of space for new features. Lots of new features on CEO Tools - worth reading - Read all about the changes
- v0.60 Firefox 14.0 Emergency Fix and a load of small fixes, no real big features - Read all about the changes
- v0.59 Daylight Savings Time and Employee Routine Assistant - Read all about the changes
- v0.58 Bug Fixing Release - Read all about the changes
- v0.57 Attire Manager - Employee Attire by Employee Types - Read all about the changes
- v0.56 Attire Manager - Grids of Attire - Read all about the changes
- v0.55 Page Jumping, Badges, Improved Unassigned Employees to Stores, and backing up of Employee store and promotion - Read all about the changes
- v0.54 Elite Union / Union Elite now has Elite Battle features - Read all about the changes
- v0.53 Employee Attire Management v1.5 - Read all about the changes
- v0.52 Destiny Cards, Lucky Frags and City Map - Read all about the changes
- v0.51 Timezone Fixes - Read all about the changes
- v0.50 Espionage Assistant - Read all about the changes - below are the areas of change but no details as they are too many.
- Top Left Shortcut Buttons - Espionage and Espionage Player List
- Media Page overhaul
- Strategy Page overhaul
- Employee Stats overhaul
- Player Stats / Player Detail overhaul
- View Company / Company Detail overhaul
- Headhunted Candidates overhaul
Release feature list available in-game by clicking on the News button located in the upper right hand portion of the header bar.
Every game has its grinding tasks that as players we wonder why developers would think that it is enjoyable to perform the same boring task not 5 but 20, 50 or even a 100 times. This script addresses some of these flaws in Business Tycoon Online and actually makes the game more enjoyable to play.
Some of the new functionality comes from player feature requests that have gone ignored or disappeared into the suggestion vault. As avid players of Business Tycoon Online, we've added features to improve our gaming experience. This is early alpha code with features and functionality that we have found to be time savers and work for our playing style.
This script contains no automation of tasks or quests. Actually that is a lie - it does - who the hell wants to manually clean 100 stores and now perform 24hr daily tasks. We prefer to look at these as Task Simplification features as all these features do require a player to activate the feature.
The script now retrieves source code updates from the Villages At War server. Each time Business Tycoon Online is opened, a version check will be performed, if the server has a new version, it will be installed and saved locally. For new downloads you will see a (d); if you have the latest version a (c) will be shown (cached copy).
As part of the new delivery method, it is possible for us to track player information and by default this script is configured to do so. Here is our reasoning, if you do not want to allow this tracking, we have made it really simple to disable.
This information will never be provided to 3rd parties or Business Tycoon Online / Dovo Games - its not like BTO likes what we are doing nor do we care to help them in ruining our efforts to make this game more fun.
Why do we want this information?
- Writing this script has taken a lot of time
- while watching the # of downloads increase daily, knowing the spread of the script is even more fun
- Understand that when at 3am on a Monday after maintenance we are adding new functionality / fixing code that got broken, seeing the number of players benefiting from the hard work helps as we will be zombies the next day
- Help us know which servers still don't know about this script
- Help prioritize the features and functionality required - large companies have more needs then small ones vs. general game functionality
Where is the source code?
We load it remotely and cache it locally. This isn't because we are trying to do anything sneaky. This is in advance of BTO trying to reverse engineer our code and block this script.
Disable Player Info Submission?
- Right click the Grease Monkey icon on the lower status bar.
- Right click the Beyond Business Tycoon Online menu option.
- Follow the instructions. This will only need to be done once.
Letter to Dovo Games
To whom it may concern,
Thank you for a beautiful looking game that we have found enjoyable to play. Many of the improvements that we at Beyond Business Tycoon Online have made were only possible because of core features and functionality in the game. We would not exist without you, not a parasitic relationship but more a symbiotic relationship. Think of us as the little fish that clean the bacteria off of a sharks. We are not the enemy.
Many accusations of hacking, cheating, doing something illegal or even stealing have been made. We deny these all. We will now refute each of these accusations and clarify where possible some of the misunderstandings that occur in translating English to Chinese.
- Hacking : BBTO contains no hacking, we use built in game AJAX server requests. What does this mean? Every time a player sees a LOADING spinner, it is because the web browser is waiting on data being sent from the BTO server. Tools such as Firebug (standard programming / debugging tool) enable programmers to see information being sent back and forth. We simply use these AJAX server requests to perform BBTO tasks. We can only use what BTO makes available.
- Cheating : Features that we implement do not give players a competitive advantage as we can only use features and functionality that BTO provides. That said, we do manipulate the screens to show information in a more convenient way that enables players to make better decisions. That is not cheating, a player can do everything we do but probably doing dozens of more screen loads.
- Terms and Conditions Violation : There is nothing in the Terms and Conditions that using Beyond Business Tycoon Online is in violation of the document as it is written May 31st 2011.
- Illegal Activity : Please provide the laws before making such libel and slanderous accusations. GreaseMonkey is a legitimate Firefox extension and installing it and Beyond Business Tycoon Online can only be done with player approval. Writing a script therefore is not illegal. Just because you might not like Beyond Business Tycoon Online, it doesn’t make it illegal. Sort of like free speak, you get the good and bad. We strongly recommend that accusations of such as illegal or hacking activities without proof to not be said. It is libel and slander and that is against the law in the countries of the BBTO.
- Stealing of Gold / Revenue : This accusation of stealing gold came from a language barrier. The only portion of Beyond Business Tycoon that even touches gold is in MiBs. With a default MiB negotiator set and Notification checking enabled, BBTO will negotiate with MiBs, regardless of TCN, Executive or Gold. We use the same AJAX request as a player clicking the Negotiate button and the odds of success are the same as players doing this manually. BBTO does result in fewer missed MiBs but that is not stealing as negotiating with MiBs is part of the game. This is also not in violation of Terms and Conditions as of May 31st 2011.
- Bandwidth Abuse : Beyond Business Tycoon Online does not add excessive bandwidth requirements for players using the script.
The benefits of Beyond Business Tycoon have been many, mostly reducing the frustration of players performing NPC negotiations waiting to assign players, improved community by showing guild and biz card players online and making group travel easier. All features in Beyond Business Tycoon Online have been made to improve the player experience and increase player retention. Active players are more likely to buy gold in the game.
Again, it is up to individual players to use Beyond Business Tycoon Online.
The Beyond Business Tycoon Online developers
Features and Functionality
We have divided the features and functionality into categories. This list was growing really long and disorganized. Its not about having a massive list but showing players the gaming experience improvements and hopefully motivating Business Tycoon Online to address some of the weaknesses in their game.
User Interface Improvements : Major
- Chat Window : increased the width, decreased the font size resulting in fewer wrapping sentences and more lines of text.
- Players Online : this is a list of guild members currently online updated in a 30 second interval. This feature may be incorporated to also draw from Business Cards but as our goal is not to add stress to the BTO servers. Now guild, then business cards then if not on tour, players available for tour. Checking will continue up to 20 minutes since your last game activity
- Notes : this wasn't that hard to implement but really, would it kill BTO to implement their own solution here?
- CEO, Secretary, Deadlines tabs : added tabs to the CEO panel on the lower left portion of the screen. The CEO tab contains the original content.
- Poach Cloaking : will fire off 10 donations with less then 3 seconds left. Charity donations are now done behind the scenes with no impact on player screen. Proper success and fail counting. (v.24)
- Poach Remember : both the poacher and poaching method are now remembered and available at a click of a button after performing one poach. (v.24)
- Horse Tackle : Ability to dump to bin all the non-upgraded tackle (resulting from mass purchases). Non-upgraded has border red, L1-3 blue, L4-6 yellow and L7-9 pink. (v.20)
- Tackle Store : Will default to TCN for tackle purchases and 10 items (max. per purchase). The values should set themselves after the item screen is loaded. (v.20)
- Mass Employee Management - CEO Tools : Store and employee management routines to make it easier to organize the corporation. (v.21)
- Demote and Promote Store Managers : Quickly demote or promote store managers ensuring that all stores get the store manager bonus. (v.21)
- Arena Challenge Grid : Now has quick link to see Qualifiers and Weekly results for player. (v.22)
- Racecourse Challenge Grid : Now has quick links to player's horse, player account, Qualifiers and Weekly results of player. Mouseover player's horse name and wait for a couple of seconds for stats of horse to show. Also shows plus/minus of horse in relation to your horse. (v.22)
- Player Clean / Disturb : On player's detail screen a new button that will allow quick cleaning / disturbing of player's stores. Now only cleans / disturbs as many times as BTO allows (15 per day).
- Player Character Detail Screen : Added Poach button and Clean / Disturb button now appears again. Also changed some of the labeling to make everything fit. (v.23)
- My Character Detail Screen : Removed attribute + and Max. buttons if player already has 2,000 attribute points assigned. (v.23)
- NPC Landmark : Now shows previous scores, rank, NPC count and allows you to use last used employees again. When last used employees available, will show employees that do not have 100% confidence (need to have popcorn and does a double look-up to speed up confidence recovery). (v.23)
- Arena Team Name mouseover - shows the last 9 defensive matches for a player (may take a couple of seconds to load). Handy for figuring out which line to use. (v.25)
- One Click Single Recruitment - picks a recruit with a stat of Morale>=35 and Fealty>=35. Not sure the bearing this has but the highest seen is 75+ of each but that doesn't mean a good employee and requires going thru a lot more potential recruits to find a match. Will add support for Gold and Diamond contract hires when there is an EE contest - I'm not wasting a contract. (v.25)
- Mass Attire Removal / Undress employees: on Business - Employee Mgmt - CEO Tools (v.26)
- 1 Click recruitment for gold and diamond contracts (v.26)
- Mass Send Greetings to Statues (##OWNER## and ##ME## placeholders) (v.28)
- Unassign Employees from Stores - makes it easy to un-assign employees from stores individually or entire stores at a time. (Located in CEO Tools)(v.28)
- Unassigned Employees to Stores - Sort of like the Employee Mgmt Assign feature but a lot faster and more useful for ensuring the right balance of employees in a store. (Located in CEO Tools)(v.28)
- Move Employees between Stores - Reduces the need to un-assign then re-assign. Recommend using the Ctrl-F browser search for finding the specific employee in the left column to move. (Located in CEO Tools)(v.28)
- Promote Store Personnel - there is too much functionality to outline here so it will have its own section below. (Located in CEO Tools)(v.28)
- Mass Business Card Exchange - for your guild, other guilds, and checkboxes for specific players - build your friends list up (v.28c)
- Automated 24 Hour Daily Routines - Midnight Stroll, Coin Exchange 1 & 2 (silver to cooper when appropriate), Anything is Possible, Reading, Commute to work, Jogging, Breakfast, News Express, Grand Awards, Taking a Break, Dreams Come True, Raising Social Status, Store Progress Reports, Inspecting Performance and Locking Up - browser must be left open - activities are checked every 10 minutes (v.30)
- Biz Card Start Strategic Cooperation - a mass way to invite all business card players that can be cooperated with by a single click. Skips existing players that are already partners (v.30)
- 1-Click Travel - will automatically select online players available for travel until your vehicle is full - using the largest capacity vehicle will increase the number of players you can take. (v.31)
- Media Buying - shows the company with the highest intimacy per media category along with quick link to that company's page. Quick buying of Sponsorship and Hype. React to Media button hidden if no inbound attack - much more obvious if the button is there now that you have something to respond to. (v.32)
- Notification Monitoring - if a default MiB Negotiator is set, any MiBs will automatically be performed. More notifications will be automated including Travel Invites and Strategic Co-operations. (v.34)
User Interface Improvements : Minor
- Success dialog window can now be clicked anywhere to close
- Failed dialog window's OK button shifted towards the left a lot
- Confirmation dialog window's OK and CANCEL buttons shifted towards the left to not line up with OK of other dialog windows
- Removal of BTO logo because if you are going to be about business, don't have us playing gladiator games or barbie dress up in her pink mansion. Get a real logo and we might put it back
- Left align of the gaming interface - easier to conceal
- A lot of BBTO labels provide shortcuts such as the Manege, NPCs, MiBs, Poaches, Last Guild Check, Biz Card, Travel, etc. and added up/down arrows to indicate if the counter is increasing or counting down.(v0.20b)
- Business - Employee Mgmt employee lists now have links to the detailed employee view (except Assign if all stores are full). (v0.21b)
- NPC Assignment screen now shows your current NPC score and ranking (v0.22a)
- Chat window turns maroon if chat failed to initialize correctly (v0.23)
- Poach status has a $ sign now for doing a quick donate to charity to clear the Event Messages. (v.24)
- Grids : fast but more importantly contained within this script enabling new functionality that was held back because of a lack of grids support. Also all columns are sortable (v.26)
- Arena Current Plan Show : will show what your current plan setup is when hovering over a player's team name (v.27)
- Arena Challenge History : now easy to see when you last challenged a player. Will start counting once you use this script - does not do match history look up (v.27)
- Horse (My Little Pony) Challenge History : now easy to see when you last challenged a player. Will start counting once you use this script - does not do match history look up (v.27)
- Deadlines tab is now Schedules tab - shows the next time stamps of certain tasks that are run by BBTO. (v.34)
CEO Tools / BBTO Extended (Employment Mgmt)Ultimate Training
- The buttons across the top can be used instead of the drop downs - faster to click then to select a combo
- Red (Expert) or Orange (Master) are the only combos that matter - all the other combinations are just feed for the conversion
- Never merge Experts and Masters together as there is no need to do so
- There is a delay as the grid is loaded - please be patient - you will like what you see
- All grid column headings are sort-able - click to sort ascending and decending
- Move the mouse over the Employees column's row to load the store's employee information - this is not done automatically because it does take a lot of time
- The All Emps. (Employees) button will load all the Employees rows - this can take a while but great for a mass re-organizing of the stores
- Individual employees can be unassigned by the checkbox to the left
- A complete store can be emptied by using the far right checkbox
- Lists all the employees not assigned to a store - best way to sort is Skills (descending)
- Select the employees in the left grid using the checkboxes - use the radio button to select the store to place the employee(s) in
- Remember to check for stores that may be empty from using the Ultimate Training
- Enables employees to be moved between stores - this makes it quicker then using Unassign Employees and then use Not Assigned Employees to Stores
- It may be necessary to use the Ctrl-F (browser's find capability) to locate an employee in the left to move to the right
- Personally, Not Assigned Employees to Stores is a quicker way presently
- Again - sorry for the delay - it uses the same code as Unassign Employees from Stores so about the same wait
- The Employees column has a couple of extra columns Sup. (Supervisors), Lead (Leader), Manager, Senior Man. (Manager) and Director
- Lead (Leader) is currently hidden from the interface by BTO but the functionality is there.
- Senior Manager B is currently hidden from the interface by BTO but the functionality is there.
- Director is currently hidden from the interface by BTO but the functionality is there (Pink + Diamond talent level).
- A 3 second delay for populating the Store Personnel table - only employees that qualify for a position can be assigned - thanks BTO for providing a look-up capability to know which employees qualify for each personnel position
- There is an auto-assign, it goes left to right (Sup. to Director) and picks the employees that qualify for the fewest Personnel positions - that way an Orange / Master does not get assigned to a Supervisor leaving a Manager position empty
- Green background indicate the employees assigned to a Store Personnel type
- The yellow column indicates the Store Personnel type that is un-filled
- Mass Assign: Click the All Emps. button and wait while all the stores pull in their employee information and then their personnel tables - let the auto-assign do its job and verify the assignments and click the Promote Personnel
- Last stores promoted tracker to help prevent over promotion
- NPC Daily Counter and countdown timer (Secretary tab)
- Remember last MiB employee used (set default employee)
- Default selection of last store cleaning method
- Men in Black daily counter with countdown
- Poach daily counter with countdown with poach cloaking.
- Manege training count down and training cool down timer.
- Oil Well - Exploit Daily Max. quickly. 2 barrels per second. Use this to exploit the remaining daily allotment of 500 barrels.
- Clean / Dirty a player's stores (up to 7 at a time) - accessible from the Player's main profile - click the Stores button - then pick a store from the list - stores on that page will be available for mass action. Other player stores can only be cleaned 15 times. Other player stores can be dirtied more times then that.
- Automatic Single Store Cleaning (from Business - Stores - Clean) that will clean all the selected stores with selected cleaning method. Tested on over 60 stores at once.
Ideas for Future Releases:
- Recruit tab that will indicate poaching histories and stats - features will come in in stages.
- Quick swap of vehicles and medals
Business Tycoon Online Compatibility:
Presently only works with English version and tested based on March 21th 2011 game code.
Firefox 3.6.16+: Flash crashes and slows down everything including this script - its an issue between Firefox and Adobe
if XMLHttpRequest.prototype==undefined then use XMLHttpRequest.wrappedJSObject.prototype
The above fix makes this script work with FF4 and Greasemonkey - leaving the code here for Google to find and for us to get some SEO ranking.
There is a good chance that using this script violates some terms of service in the game BUT those clauses were directed at automation and unfair advantages, none of the Beyond Business Tycoon Online features provide that.
No warranties or correctness guarantees. Use at your own risk. Of course the developers use this script so if it works for them, it should work for you.
- Countdown timer for employee training
- Countdown timer for poached employee (attempt and 1hr fail)
- Make Work Safe - cut down a lot of the graphics / pretty faces so it doesn't look like a game