Script Summary: Hides and shows ALL Facebook application/game posts in your news feed and on profile pages with one click!
I've always hated that I had to choose to either block an app completely and never see it again or deal with the hundreds of posts from the friends that use that app or game and weed through all the junk to find any REAL posts from my friends. This script remedies that by giving YOU the choice to either show or hide application posts whenever you wish! Just click the 'App Filter' link that's conveniently located in the top bar of facebook! Simple!
Some of the code used here has been borrowed and tweaked from various other userscripts...
Facebook Feed Filter by Smalltalk80 : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/70439
Facebook Application Post Remover by Sigi_cz : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92953
InYOf4ceBook by znerp : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8712
- Added a filter option that lets you choose apps that you would like to always see. Twitter and Instagram are added by default as an example. To remove/add any apps you want to always show, just find the array with the app id's and add/remove to your hearts content.
- Added another exclude for applications post pages (i.e. facebook.com/?sk=app_123456789) since you'll probably want to see application posts regardless of the filter's status if you go straight to a page full of only application posts.
- Added a bunch of excludes so the script should only load on your facebook news feed
- Script should now only load once
- Forgot to turn off Debugging mode
- Minor modification to the display of the App Filter tab. Instead of the current (ON) and (OFF) that displayed next to it, now the size and weight of the text just gets bigger and bold (when enabled) and smaller and thin (when disabled)
- Firefox should now work correctly! I've never tested it in Firefox 3.x so I don't know if this was just a 4.x beta bug, but it should now work in both Firefox and Chrome for sure. If you have any problems, still, let me know!
- Moved the toggle switch to the top bar of Facebook instead of the top of the news feed.
- Support for profile pages.
- You may need to uninstall any previous version because of a name change in the script.
- On random occasions, the tab for turning on and off the filter doesn't appear. Just refresh the page to get it back. I'm trying to figure out a fix for this one.