Script Summary: Hide all images on your tumblr dash, until you mouseover them.
Missing e browser extension/add-on
Attention Chrome, Firefox and Safari users:
|Userscript Installation Instructions||authored by Jeremy Cutler|
|About all my Tumblr Userscripts||cutlerish (Tumblr) • @Cutlerish (Twitter)|
At work? Have kids about? You may want to be safe and hide images in tumblr posts in case any of them are unsafe!
Showing images only at your discretion.
- Every* image in your dashboard will be hidden by default.
- Point your mouse over the blocked image to display it.
- Move your mouse away to hide the image again.
- Click the "SafeDash" control on your dashboard, and it will activate/deactivate the image blocking in all tumblr windows/tabs you have open.
These images are hidden:
- All image posts
- All photoset thumbnails
- Photosets that have been clicked (enlarged)
- Inline images in other types of posts
- Album art in audio posts
- All video thumbnails
- All full-size videos (except videos from external sites)
These images are NOT hidden:
- All tumblr-generated user avatars
- Externally-loaded videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc)
Tumblr SafeDash will NOT block images when viewing a post on a user's tumblr page. It is only effective on dashboard-type pages:
- Correctly handle enlarged album art and thumbnails.
- Make lock background fit on really small inline images "enlarged" from placeholders.
- Now hiding images on tag results pages.
- Fixed issue where album art smaller than the standard 150x150 pixels being replaced with "locked" background of incorrect size.
- Expanded photoset slideshow is now hidden by SafeDash unless the mouse is hovering over it.
- Photoset thumbnail previews now load all at once when any one of the thumbnails is hovered over.
- Fix issue with album art loaded on scrolling not being laid out correctly with post content.
- Block images even when they are still being loaded.
- Fix problem where inlined images do not get blocked background when turning SafeDash on and do not lose it when turning it off.
- Allow script update notifications to be silenced for a week.
- Drastically improve performance when using tumblr's endless scrolling.
- Added automatic script update checks for Firefox.
- Fix problem with undefined extra class names.
- Remove lock background for transparent images when SafeDash is off.
- Remove additional logging output.
- Fix issue where lock backgrounds not always being added when scrolling really far down the dashboard.
- Fix problems in Firefox.
- Removed superfluous logging output.
- Fix issue where full videos were not being hidden when they are loaded from scrolling to the end of the dash, but were hidden on the loading after the next scroll.
- Fix Opera/Chrome issue where video thumbnails may not always become unhidden on mouseover.
- Fix hiding/showing of video thumbnail "play" overlays.
- Move to jQuery 1.4.4.
- Improve performance on dashboards that have been scrolled very far.
- Add Opera support.
- Fix issue introduced in 0.1.8 in which half the posts on the initial load of a dashboard page do not get the lock background.
- Show lock background on post photo replies loaded when clicking on a post's "notes" link.
- Fix issue with incorrectly blocking avatar images in post likes/replies loaded when clicking on a post's "notes" link.
- NSFW blocking implemented for full videos.
- Initial release.