Script Summary: Enable replies (of a sort) to one or more tumblr dashboard notifications (click the notification icon)
Missing e browser extension/add-on
Attention Chrome, Firefox and Safari users:
|Userscript Installation Instructions||authored by Jeremy Cutler|
|About all my Tumblr Userscripts||cutlerish (Tumblr) • @Cutlerish (Twitter)|
When you click on the icon of a notification in your dash, it'll open a new text post with the notification (and quoted reply, if applicable) in it, ready for you to comment on and post.
Multiple notification replies
If you want to reply to multiple notifications in the same post, now you can!
- Hold down the Shift key and click on the notification icons of each of the notifications you want to reply to.
- Click (without Shift) on the notification icon of the last notification you want to include.
- All the notifications will appear in a single post in chronological order!
A tag is automatically added to your post for each user you to whom you are replying!
By default, the script will include the 16x16 avatar of the tumblr user the notification is from.
Showing avatars and adding tags for the usernames of the tumblrs to whom you are replying can be enabled or disabled with customizeable settings:
- Right-click on any notification icon, and a dialog box will appear allowing you to change the setting.
- Firefox (Greasemonkey) Only - Use the available menu option in Tools > Greasemonkey > User Script Commands... > Tumblr Reply Replies - Settings
- Fix problem with Firefox not filling new reply posts.
- Add pointer cursor when hovering over notification icons.
- Improve post filling using tinyMCE interface.
- Fix problem with incorrect tag creation when replying to multiple notifications.
- Add settings window for showing avatars and adding username tags to reply posts.
- Change settings access to a right-click instead of ctrl-click.
- Add automatic update checking for Firefox.
- Fix issue for tags being generated incorrectly when replies set to not show avatars.
- Fix Chrome issue where some users had incorrect tags generated on new reply posts.
- Tags for users you are replying to are now automatically added to posts.
- Now support plain text/HTML posting input.
- Updated to maintain compatibility with Tumblr SafeDash version 0.1.12+.
- Fixed issue with script interfering with photo uploads and html source editing of posts.
- Added Opera support.
- Apostrophes and single quotes no longer changed to double quotes.
- Fix problem when user is also using Tumblr SafeDash (and it is active), where a photo reply quoted in a new post appears blank during editing.
- Drastically improve reliability, eliminating blank post creation.
- Support for Google Chrome for Mac confirmed
- Fixed jQuery selector warnings.
- Removed conflict with pre-loaded libraries on $ operator.
- Fix a problem where some notification replies come up with two avatars (or one avatar when you specify having none).
- If you open a reply reply post and then cancel it, the script will now open a new window when you click another notification icon (instead of reusing the same window).
- Avatars in reply posts are now links to the tumblrer's page.
- Added avatars to replies (and setting to enable/disable this feature)
- Added multiple notification replies
- Added support for replying to ANY dashboard notification
- NOW works in Chrome
- Security issue in Chrome is preventing it from working. I'm trying to come up with a workaround.