Script Summary: Makes IMBD's new interface easier to use. Makes information about the content of the movie more prominent and ad stuff less prominent.
I didn't like the new IMDB interface so I made this script to re-arrange some of the information. Generally it makes information about the content of the movie more prominent and other information less prominent. Currently working on Title and Name pages.
IMDB changes their layout sometimes so I can't guarantee this will work forever, but as of August 24, 2012 it seems to work.
Last updated on August 24, 2012 to remove additional ads from the top of the page.
Specifically, it does the following:
- Removed the ad sidebar that had marketing stuff.
- Removed Amazon ad below the movie poster.
- Moved 'Photos' and 'Related Videos' further down the page so that Cast/Filmography could be higher.
- On Name pages moved 'Projects in Development', which was originally on the sidebar, to be after Filmography since the sidebar is now gone.
- On Name pages moved the 'Known For' section to be after Filmography.
- Moved the Quick Links to the main section since the sidebar is now gone.
- For NoScript users, fixed an issue where the bottom half of the page was too wide.
- Removed various other ads and sponsored links.
The script is still under development, I am willing to listen to suggestions.