Script Summary: Uses CoDeeN Content Distribution Network to accelerate video performance on YouTube
AUTHOR: Like Me on Facebook
REQUIRED: Greasemonkey or Scriptish (for Firefox),
NinjaKit or Tampermonkey (for Google Chrome), NinjaKit or GreaseKit (for Safari)
Compatibility - Firefox: Working, Chrome: Working, Safari: Not Tested, Opera: Not Tested
MIRROR/S: INSTALL or INSTALL (via CoralCDN)
Technologies being used by this user script:
1. CoDeeN - is a proxy server system created at Princeton University and deployed for general use on PlanetLab.
2. CoBlitz - provides a means to scalably serve large files over an HTTP content distribution network.
3. FLV Player - This is the first player of the series.
NOTE: This user script changes the YouTube Player with FLV Player in effect you will lose the ability to view captions, go to fullscreen, and set video quality. (This problem will be solved on future updates.)
ALSO: CoBlitz is an experimental service that might encounter outages at some point in time.
1. Local Load Extended - Provides bandwidth saving and faster page load functions to Firefox users.
2. YouTube Video Anonymizer - Anonymizes YouTube Video Streaming with HideMyAss! Proxy.
0.1.4 - 23 October 2010
- replaced flv player mini with flv player normal
- stop button and volume setting are now working
0.1.3 - 6 October 2010
- modified script to use GM_xmlhttpRequest
- added support for suffix proxies (currently works on firefox but not in chrome)
(e.g. www.youtube.com.nyud.net, www.youtube.com.ipv4.sixxs.org, www.youtube.com.sixxs.org [IPv6-Users Only],
www.youtube.com.ipv4.sixxs.org.nyud.net, www.youtube.com.nyud.net.sixxs.org [IPv6-Users Only])
0.1.2 - 5 October 2010
- fixed version number
- autoplay and autoload are now working
0.1.1 - 3 October 2010
- added .replace(/http:\/\//,'') to remove http:// from url
0.1 - 2 October 2010