Script Summary: Adds video titles, shows previews and embeds on click. Also supported: Vimeo, LiveLeak, Dailymotion, WorldStarHipHop, Vine, Coub
What it does
- If link text doesn't contain a URL, the video title will be added as tooltip instead.
- A crossed out link indicates that the video is unavailable (probably blocked in your country).
- Move cursor over links to see preview images.
- URLs are rewritten to clean HTTPS addresses.
- Time offsets like "t=3m21s" are preserved.
- You can still follow links normally by middle click, Ctrl + click etc.
- Some uploaders don't want their videos to be embedded. These videos will open in a new tab.
- Embed modes:
- inline (link gets replaced with video)
- draggable, non-scrolling in-page popup (default)
- freely resizable popup window (doesn't close when you leave the page)
- Support for Vimeo, LiveLeak, Dailymotion, WorldStarHipHop and Vine
- Titles are cached to reduce traffic and delay on subsequent visits.
- Compatibility: Greasemonkey (Firefox), Tampermonkey (Chrome), Violentmonkey (Opera 12)
- Settings are available under monkey toolbar icon → "User Script Commands" → "Set up...".
- This script only processes genuine (clickable) HTML links. Install a linkification add-on to make text links clickable.
|2013-11-25||ignore video thumbnails in Facebook's news feed|
|2013-11-07||don't run inside YouTube's new comments frame|
|2013-09-18||removed parameter-related setting in favor of stricter URL parsing|
|2013-09-12||fixed rare styling issue|
|2013-08-23||allow hours in time offsets|
|2013-08-19||preserve list information in cleaned up YouTube links|
|2013-08-14||ignore errors due to malformed URLs|
|2013-07-25||fixed preview closing and YouTube time offsets, removed old workaround for Tampermonkey|
|2013-06-06||added Dailymotion and Vine, removed Nicovideo|