Script Summary: Adds video titles, shows previews and embeds on click. Also supported: Vimeo, LiveLeak, WorldStarHipHop, Nicovideo
What it does
- If link text doesn't contain a URL, the video title will be added as tooltip instead.
- A crossed out link indicates that the video is unavailable (probably blocked in your country).
- Move cursor over links to see preview images.
- URLs are rewritten to clean HTTPS addresses.
- Time offsets like "t=3m21s" are preserved.
- You can still follow links normally by middle click, Ctrl + click etc.
- Some uploaders don't want their videos to be embedded. These videos will open in a new tab.
- Embed modes:
- inline (link gets replaced with video)
- draggable, non-scrolling in-page popup (default)
- freely resizable popup window (doesn't close when you leave the page)
- Partial support for Nico Nico Douga (no embedding)
- Full support for Vimeo, LiveLeak and WorldStarHipHop
- Titles are cached to reduce traffic and delay on subsequent visits.
Please noteThis script only processes genuine (clickable) HTML links.
Install something like 4chan Linkify in order to make text links clickable.
|2013-05-16||don't process links in active element (e.g. twitter's tweet form), be less picky about YouTube links (some mobile URLs were ignored)|
|2013-04-30||fixed fullscreen button in HTML5 player (Firefox 22+), removed color gradient from title bar of in-page popup, made cleanup of URLs optional and added option to ignore links that use video as parameter|
|2013-04-01||fixed crossed out link of YouTube livestreams, enabled fullscreen button for YouTube's HTML5 player|
|2013-02-06||fixed undefined video title in preview,|
re-enabled YouTube keyboard shortcuts (embedded object must have focus)