Script Summary: Changes somewhat ambiguous star ratings to color-coded text ratings on Kongregate
This is a userscript I have created for Greasemonkey that changes somewhat ambiguous star ratings to color-coded text ratings. Here's how it works:
4.5 rating or higher is in blue
4.0 rating or higher is in green
3.5 rating or higher is in orange
3.0 rating or higher is in red
2.5 rating or higher is in purple
2.0 rating or higher is in grey
Ratings below 2.0 are in black
Here's how to get it:
1) If you are using Firefox, download Greasemonkey. If you are using Chrome, just go to step 2.
2) Go to the script page and click the "Install" button
Just remember to refresh any open Kongregate tabs/windows to see the results.
- Partially broken from the myriad Kongregate updates. It has become so complex now, I doubt it'll ever be fixed. Thanks to ventero for some help with code-cleanup.
- Added user content
- Fixed Quick Pick game rating
- Added www.kongregate.com/contests (thanks, Kioyoh)
- Fixed: Positioning of the rating on mouseover for games browser (thanks again for report, Kioyoh)
- Added User Script Command so YOU can choose how many digits you want the script to display. See screenshot above for information. Support for up to 4 digits.
- Added text ratings to More Games tab (thanks for bug report, Kioyoh!)
- Added: Click single-digit ratings to fetch a more precise rating on homepage and game pages
- Added: Mouseover single-digit ratings to fetch a more precise rating when browsing games
- Fixed: Rating in Game tab
- Removed redundant (Avg: x.xx) and (x.xx avg.) messages on homepage and collabs pages
- Updated screenshots on kongregate and userscripts
- Changed the default colors