Script Summary: Adds DownThemAll!/Torrent links to the read online pages
Copyright: 2010+, Toost Inc.
As of March 01 '11 Mangastream has taken the incredibly annoying measure of cutting each of their images up into several pieces, not only breaking this scriptt but also making it's DownThemAll function completely useless. I'm now working on fixing the Torrent Links only script. I suggest you start using that, you can meanwhile keep using this script for older releases only.
- 1.0: Added Torrents tab. For just the torrent tab/function go here.
1.0.2: Torrent search now works around the ' character so that titles like History's Strongest Disciple get picked up too
1.0.3: Because there are now SEVERAL different torrents circulating NyaaTorrents search now sorts on seeds and thus feeds back the most seeded torrent.
1.0.4: Fixed DownThemAll! feature
1.1.0: Added Refresh feature in the Torrents tab (which was previously a hidden feature only)
1.1.1: Fixed script and placed the tabs BEFORE the Facebook like button
1.2.1: Uploaded Torrentlinks-version here.
- See Torrentlinks for further changelog.
Note that though even though it carries DownThemAll! in the name this script doesn't really have anything to do with this nifty firefox add-on. Nor can it only be used by DownThemAll!, this script simply offers a list of links to the image files of which I'm sure every download manager would know one or two things to do with...
Because Manga Stream stopped offering download links themselves this script adds a tab/link where it tries to list the direct image links for your DownThemAll! manager, or whatever your poison you choose, to the best of it's capabilities. I must warn you though, it pretty much sucks at it.
It will however get MOST of the links right, and I don't really have anything better in mind...
It also adds direct links above and below the image in question on every page, in case you just want to save one page or something's wrong with the one under the DTA Tab.
- 1. the first link is
striked through!what does that mean??
Nothing really, it's the credits page, not really necessary but feel free to download it anyway...
- 2. Some links don't work!!! The hell man, I thought you said this worked!
Well like I said, this script sort of guesses where to find the images by just counting off...it's not rocket science and things like colour pages and double page spreads will throw it off balance because they have different file names/extensions
- 3. Okay, so link X is not working what do I do now?
It depends on which link is not working.
- If it's the last one, don't worry, this script takes the maximum count of pages from the drop down menu, but because page 1 is actually the credit page (/00.jpg), the image file names are off balance by one most of the time (page 2 will have /01.png, page 3 /02.png etc.) so the last link won't always work. If there are colour pages however one page will actually contain two images (/0X_0x+1.png) which evens it out, which is why I didn't correct it. Rather have one too many than one too little...
- If two links aren't working then there's a double page spread somewhere. you can best just return to the Read Online Tab find the double spread's page (which will be one of the failed links -1) and copy the link from there. Beware for spoilers though.
- If it's just one link (or more) not working and it's not the last one it's probably a colour page (probably one or more of the first few). You can usually just change the 404 link's extension to .jpg, if that doesn't work it's probably not a colour page and youĺl need to get the link via the Read Online Tab.
- 4. So if it doesn't work that well, why would I install it? Why not make a script that works on all the links, all the time?
Well, even if the DownThemAll! Tab doesn't work foolproof ALL the time, it will still get the links for you in a neat list you can easily use. And most of them will work too! Of course, it pretty much sucks anyway, and even IF all the links work fine, it's still a lot of busy work and it would be a lot easier to just have the direct download links back, but that's not up to me...Anyway, this script is supposed to make it at least EASIER for you to back up, or just save manga chapter for your better, optimized, mood-setting, glorioud HD, comic reader than saving every image from every page individually would have been.
Why I didn't make a script that works better? the only way I can think of making a script that always works is with xmlhttprequest's, which basically means you'd be loading every page individually and getting the links from there. Not only are there better and smarter ways of doing that, hell for that kind of work you might as well read the damn chapter online anyway...
But hey, if you want to be the one to make that fully functioning script, or know a much better way for this, please, be my guest. I'll probably download your version and leave this one to rot anyway!
- 5. Why DownThemAll!? Why not download manager X?
Once again, you probably don't need DownThemAll! to use this script. It's just what I use and have used for years. A little fact: I actually wanted to incorporate DownThemAll! in this somehow by putting the manager in an iframe element to save some clicks, but that didn't work out due to security restrictions. Yeah, turns out all those claims from firefox about being a safe browser actually hold ground!
- 6. Torrents?
Yes, even with this script downloading everything separately is still a tedious task. Thankfully, someone is willing to do all this work for us! The Torrent tab checks if the chapter you're looking for is torrented yet. If it is, great! Less work for you. If not, that's fine too, you'll just have to do things the old fashioned way. If you're just looking for the torrents but not the DownThemAll feature you'll want to go here.
"We apologize for the inconvenience"