Script Summary: Add extra emojii to your Gmail chat! Compatible with Firefox, Chrome & Opera =)
License: CC by-nc-sa http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
As of now it consists of just 21 emoticons, listed in the table below.
As of v0.4+, you can now define your own custom smileys. Check below for info.
IMPORTANT: Just discovered that the script doesn't work if you don't have the Pictures in Chat gadget enabled.
So please enable that gadget from labs, if it isn't already enabled, else this script won't work.
The emoticons included in this script aren't mine. They are by Synfull and have been used with her permission.
|! (Exclamation)||:!:||? (Question)||:?:||Angel||:angel:|
|Annoyed||:annoyed:||Blush||:blush:||Be right back||:brb:|
With v0.4, i've added pseudo code which should help the end user in adding custom smileys of his own.
Adding Custom Smileys
You can now define your own smileys, in the Custom Smileys section in the script.
You can define the smileys in the following format:
customSmileys = [ [<REGEX>, <FULL_PATH_TO_SMILEY>], [<REGEX>, <FULL_PATH_TO_SMILEY>] ];EXAMPLE:
customSmileys = [ [/lol/, 'http://www.example.com/lol.jpeg'], [/:roflmao:/, 'http://www.abc.com/smileys/roflmao.png'] ];
Quite easy to understand, but if you still need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask =)
IMPORTANT: Every time you update the script, you will lose any custom defined smileys, so pls make sure you have a copy of the custom defined smileys, so you can just copy them back after updating.
0.5 - 25 Dec 2011
- Compatible with the new Gmail UI.
- Embeded a cross-browser compatible update notifier.
0.4.2 - 18 Feb 2011
- Fix for recent changes in Gmail.
0.4.1 - 20 Jan 2011
- Changed @require for updater to point to the betawarriors domain.
0.4 - 21 Oct 2010
- Added ability for end user to add custom smileys (see explanation above).
- Added Script updater by PhasmaExMachina.
0.3 - 18 Aug 2010
- Updated regex to prevent smiley replacement in links.
0.2 - 29 Jul 2010
- Smileys are replaced instantly now.
- Updated code so it also works when you:
- receive a chat msg.
- re-open a chat window.
0.1 - 23 May 2010
- Initial release.