Script Summary: Integrates Fuuka archiver with original 4chan boards to a very limited degree: allows 4chan posters to communicate with spirits!
abandoned, probably broken
Might be updated.
Script in a nutshell:
- Fetch replies from "ghost mode" on the Fuuka archiver at http://archive.easymodo.net and display them on 4chan thread pages. Coloring similar to that on the archive and a cute little ghost icon are used to distinguish between "ghost replies" and on-site replies.
- Works on all 4chan boards that use Fuuka archiver (/a/, /jp/, /m/, /tg/) in theory. In practice, who knows.
Features (not bugs):
- Ghost replies can take a long time to appear, since data has to be requested from Fuuka archiver every time. Might do something about this, might not.
- Ghost replies will not load on non- /res/ pages. This is because of the above. As you can imagine, ten http requests to a slow site like archive.easymodo.net will probably not load before you are done browsing the entire page. Might do something about this, might not.
A "post to /jp/" button appears on easymodo, which might trick you into thinking that this script completely integrates the two. This is false, because 4chan does not seem to want to accept referer headers. It wasn't my original intent anyway, so just disable the script on archive.easymodo.net if you do not want to see the button. Might do something about this, might not. Now hidden by default.
- Post deletions, both on archive.easymodo.net and on 4chan.org, might cause the script to do strange things.
If the first reply is a ghost reply, it will not appear due to the sloppy way replies are appended. Will probably do something about this, by way of fixing the previous. Fixed in theory. Untested.
- This script will never be functional outside of Greasemonkey due to the domain restrictions on the standard XMLHttpRequest method. Tough luck, Opera friends.
Script has more flaws than functions. However, given the length of time I spent on this, that is quite acceptable.
- changed easymodo urls (untested, lol)
- minor bugfixes
- minor bugfixes
- fetch deleted posts as well
- made customization (slightly) easier on the average user