Script Summary: Emphasize links to movies you or your friends have seen. Include votes from your friends for all movie pages.
Version: 3.0.2 RC1
This is a script for the IMDB site.
It emphasize links to movies in your "My Movies" and "Vote History" lists.
For instance, on an actor's page, you'll easily notice which of his/her movies
you've already seen/voted.
The script highlights links to your movies
and to movies your friends have seen.
Additionally the votes given for a movie from each friend who has seen it
are also displayed as star-bar on the movie's page
1. Make sure GreaseMonkey is installed.
2. Hit the install button to install the script.
3. Go to imdb.com. On the first visit a settings dialog should pop up.
What to enter in the settings dialog:
The first entry is for yourself. You have to find your user-id and make your ratings-history public:
1. Log in.
2. Click on "<yourname>'s account" in the top-right.
3. Choose "View your ratings history"
4. Now the URL in the addressbar looks similar to this:
4. The urXXXXXXXX part is your user-id.
5. Click on "Change list settings" and make your list public.
6. Now insert the user-id in the settings.
7. Your friends have to do the same thing and give you thei user-id so that you can add it in your settings.
1. When you have problems upgrading make sure to remove the old script first.
Some additional info about the update process:
Your movie list and lists from your friends are read every time you visit the imdb main page (http://www.imdb.com) and the local cache is updated. The update is concurrent, so new votes are added delayed, but automatically when they are found.