Script Summary: Lets you mark tweets as read and simply go back to the last read tweet.
- Oct 7 2012:
- Fixed another edge case where retweets would prevent the script from scrolling down to the oldest unread tweet.
- Comparing tweet IDs using (zero padded) strings now (since that's easier than to implement a BigInt library). It shouldn't have given problems yet, but it might have in a few situations.
- Replaced custom update script with GreaseMonkey's meta parameters.
- Oct 4 2012: Added a variable "AEG.markTweetsUseConfirm", which when set to false, will not show the confirm dialog when marking tweets as read (when the last read tweet isn't loaded).
- Sep 20 2012: Changed the two 'buttons'. Now the 'Last Read' text is replaced by an upsidedown version of the 'Mark All Read' button. Both now have a hover state. This way it all fits to the left of the 'shadow bird image' again.
- Sep 20 2012: Code rewrite for case where the last read tweet is already loaded and the 'Last Read' button is pressed - sometimes the last read tweet wouldn't be scrolled into view.
- Sep 17 2012: Another website update breaking the script.
- Now warns you when marking all tweets read when the last read tweet isn't loaded yet (for accidental click when you meant to click to scroll-to button).
- Should work better with promoted tweets.
- Dec 18 2011: Marking all read would not work if the top tweet was a retweet.
- Dec 14 2011: Twitter updated the website. Script now works again, with the mark read link (and button) at the very top. Also works on the different sections of the Connect tab.
- Oct 30 2010: Fixed an issue with the 'max 100 inserts' message being inserted at the wrong position (that text is inserted in the timeline to prevent an 'infinite' loop, after 100 tweets have been loaded during automatic scrolling - to last read tweet - and all tweets have been new so far).
- Oct 23 2010: Another small fix. Scrolling to the last read Tweet wouldn't always end up where you'd expect it to (because of retweets). (Also added in a different style for marked tweets suggested by Annyella, edit the source to try that one. Or you can of course set your own style; see 'AEG.CSSreadStyle').
- Oct 4 2010: Small fix, bad copy-paste resulted in setting mark to fail when the last tweet was a retweet.
- Updated for NewTwitter (removed @reply link popup functionality since that's part of #NewTwitter now).
Adds buttons to the top tab list (with the Home and Connect buttons). Clicking the icon on the left that mark all (visible) tweets as read and stores that. Upon clicking the second icon the right the page will scroll down until the last read tweet is found (or stops at the 100th tweet).
Whenever read tweets are loaded and displayed they will be marked (background color changed).
If you like the script, or not ... please leave a comment.
* Only tested on Firefox.