Script Summary: Minibuffer command for tagging Tumblr posts. Type 'p' to mark/unmark a post and type 'g' to tag. Minibuffer & LDRize are required.
- Fast tagging of many Tumblr posts at once, in CUI style, without page transitions.
- Tagging the posts on Dashboard and other pages of yours, including
- **.tumblr.com/tagged/** (ex. http://whym.tumblr.com/tagged/calligraphy)
- **.tumblr.com/archive/ (ex. http://whym.tumblr.com/archive/2009/10)
- Every single post page (ex. http://whym.tumblr.com/post/174654310)
- See below for tumblelogs with custom domain names
First, install softwares/addons/scripts below, if you don't have.
- Firefox 3.5 or 3.6
- Minibuffer for Greasemonkey (Dec 5, 2009)
- LDRize for Minibuffer (Dec 5, 2009)
- Autopagerize for Greasemonkey (optional, but strongly recommended)
Note that some of the scripts are sensitive to the ordering; Minibuffer, LDRize, Autopagerize and TumblrTagCommand should be placed in this order.
Install TumblrTagCommand at UserScripts page.
(Optional) If you use a custom domain name for Tumblr, you may want to include your domain in the Greasemonkey's dialog. This is required everytime you (re)install the script.
Usage: Pin & tag
Choose posts with p.
Go to a tumblr page (including Dashboard). Mark the target posts with pins on Dashboard.
- To choose multiple posts on dashboard, move to next/previous with j/k and mark(or pin) the current post with p. Just follow the general usage of LDRize.
- Same feature is available at /tagged pages, too.
Type g and input tags.
Type g to show a prompt, and input tags you want to add/remove.
- Use comma (,) to separate multiple tags.
- Use minus (-) to mark removal of the tag.
ex. To add the tag pic and remove picture, input pic,-picture.
See also Screenshot by vaedar.
Usage: Tag all
Type Shift + g and input tags.
If you want to tag all of the post in the current page (e.g., http://yourname.tumblr.com/page/1), just type Shift + G and then input tags.
- Doesn't work on private posts (due to LDRize's limitation, see also here)
- 2009-08-20 0.0.1
- First version. (notes in ja)
- 2009-08-25 0.0.2
- Bug fix for clear-pin and spaces in tags. (notes in ja)
- 2009-09-05 0.0.3
- Support of /drafts and /queue URLs. Bug fix for error trap etc. (notes in ja)
- 2009-09-17 0.0.4
- Bug fix for manual edit and unsupported input, etc. (notes in ja)
- 2009-12-21 0.0.5
- 'Tag all' with Shift + G, etc. (notes in ja)
- 2010-01-25 0.0.6
- Fix for Fx 3.6, etc. (cf. http://coderepos.org/share/changeset/36509, notes in ja)
- Stable versions are available at UserScripts page.
- Gist page keeps track of all the stable/unstable updates. No unique URL for the newest version is available :(
- Wescript page is available.
- TumblrTagCommand is largely based on ReblogCommand.
- All tumblr users should use Firefox with GreaseMonkey.