Script Summary: Displays a tooltip for YouTube videos with video information and a small player for a preview.(English/German)
This scripts allows you to see some video information as tooltip, including a preview of the video (yes, the real video, not just some images).
Settings that can be accessed via Tools → Greasemonkey → Script commands → YouTube prewatch: settings:
- The delay until the tooltip is displayed after you move your mouse over the video link
- The time until the video starts playing after the tooltip was displayed
- The volume the preview should have
- The percentage of the preview video that should be skipped, because ofthen the start does not say much about the video itself.
- You can add any pages you want to the include section of this script (in Greasemonkey’s manage scripts-window). On these pages the tooltip is also loaded and displays you information of youtube Links, e.g. in googles video search.
- If you are a userscript developer, you can use unsafeWindow.youtubePrewatch.registerElement(element, videoid) to add a tooltip to any DOM element you want to.
If there are any translation mistakes, just write me a message and I will correct it in the next version. Thanks.
Dieses Script erlaubt es eine Vorschau des Videos abzuspielen wenn man mit der Maus über das Video fährt. Seit Version 1.0pre2 ist das ganze Script auf Deutsch übersetzt.
Funktionen des Scripts:
- Die Verzögerung mit der der Tooltip angezeigt wird.
- Die Wartezeit bis das Video nach anzeigen des Tooltips abgespielt wird. Vorher wird nur ein Vorschaubild angezeigt.
- Die Lautstärke der Vorschau
- Den Anteil des Videos der beim Abspielen am Anfang vorgespult weren soll.
- Wenn das Script auf alle Seiten angewandt wird (Benutzerscripte verwalten → YouTube Prewatch→anwenden auf *), werden auch auf Fremdseiten die Vorschauen angezeigt.
If you want to translate or if you found a translation mistake (my English is not perfect), just contat me or write a post in the discussions.
If you see any bugs or translation mistakes, just tell me and I will try to correct them in the next version. Updates are usually on Mondays or Tuesdays, I try to do them weekly, so that I can test over the weekend.
- Stop moving the tooltip after pressing a key (see Review)
- The script should now find all youtube videos, also the ones whose links were added after loading the page.
- Tooltip can now be resized by setting the size in the source.
- Bug fixed where the tooltip was not hidden after you left the window by a Keyboard action (e.g. Alt+Tab, Strg+Tab, ...) or an other, not-mouse events.
- Improved checking if the tooltip should or should not be displayed.
- Shadow of the settings element is now longer drawn to the right, so there is no horizontal scroll bar.
- Some minor translation changes (German).
- A new abstract layer between the YouTube API and the tooltip has been added, so that the player is more stable and the code looks a lot nicer. Adding new features will be more easy in the future.
- Improved the handling of video elements, now the video is not only shown on if you hover the link text, but also on the whole video entries in related videos.
- It is now possible to let the YouTube API load the video before it is started to play, so this loading sign should not appear. But it still needs some improvement.
- Added an option to mute/pause the player or mute the preview it a viddeeo is alreaady played on the page.
- Added a link to every YouTube page for easyer access to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where 0 were added at the wrong place for times or dates. Previously, 12:1 was transformed to 12:10, now this is corrected (12:01).
- The tooltip should now always been shown above other content.
- Design of the tooltip improved.
- The tooltip now also shows the time the video was published.
- Fixed a bug where a Video was sometimes not recognized after reciving the response and the data was not unmarked as loading.
- The Video Player should not crash any more (I hope). Before this bugfix it often crashed after displaying some tooltips, because flash does not want to be hidden. Now I just move the player out of the screen.
- Bug in settings removed. The displayed milliseconds are now calculated correcctly
- The Tooltip content is now showen above the Flash Player (but the border is not :-(. I hope i can fix tahat also)
- Changed the name of the script. It was previousely installed as youtube autoplay.
- Bug removed, when you went over a video on the right/bottom and the tooltip moved out of the view.
- Improved language support, specially for German.
Please report bugs here.