Script Summary: Adds auto reloading, continuous scrolling, @reply highlights, last read tweet, auto-completion of friends in @replies, @mentions, and direct messages, inline replies, minified layout, map for coordinates, retweeting, tweet preview, and more!
Be sure to follow @bettertwtr to find out when new updates are released!
If you are having problems please post in the discussions tab. Twitter may have changed something which has broken functionality.
Better Twitter is a compilation of Twitter userscripts that just make Twitter... well, better. Currently this compilation includes Endless Tweets, Retweet, twitter highlight replies, Tweetpreview, Twitter friends name helper, Who Am I, and Tweetcounterkill. This compilation will be updated when changes are made, and may include new features as well.
- Preloading of next page when you scroll down
- When on home, it remembers the last tweet that you've read and preloads next pages until you reach it, after which preloading stops
- Option to enable polling for new updates from your friends every 2 minutes. (This works best in Fluid on Mac OS X, where you have Growl notifications)
- Tab-completion of friend names (screencast) when writing updates: for instance, writing "@mi" and hitting Tab will expand it to "@mislav"
- When clicked on the "reply" icon on a single tweet page an inline reply form is shown (screencast) without reloading the page
- Clicking on the "in reply to ..." links fetches and displays the referenced tweet inline (screencast)
- Sorts friends in the sidebar by screen name
- Minified layout when you resize your browser window to a width narrower than Twitter.com layout
- Displays a Google map on user profiles which have geo coordinates (screencast)
- Highlights @replies in yellow
- Added retweet button below reply button on hover in timeline view, and in individual tweets.
- Auto-completion of friends (following) names in @replies, @mentions, and direct messages.
- Live tweet preview (as you type), with links, hashtags, and replies as they will appear.
- Displays which account you are currently logged in as at the top.
- Removes Twitter tracking code on URLs, which likes to failwhale.
- Disable Twitter API login window
- View replies button in place of favorite button on hover; display inline replies in the form of @username for any tweet
- Spam reporting, with automatic blocking.
Auto-complete @names in direct messages
- Unread count for DMs and @mentions.
Retweet button on single tweet pages.
- Following status, when viewing other profiles.
- 0.4.0: Updated ReTweet code after Twitter changes.
- 0.3.12: Updated Endless Tweets code to latest version, fixes for auto update and paging +.
- 0.3.11: [Unpublished]
- 0.3.10: Updated ReTweet code to 0.5.3, fixes bug from Twitter change.
- 0.3.9: [Pulled, caused error]
- 0.3.8: Updated code for ReTweet for Twitter code change.
- 0.3.7: Added Tweetcounterkill userscript to remove tracking.
- 0.3.6: Update code bugfix.
- 0.3.5: Change in location mapping to not conflict with similar scripts.
- 0.3.4: Included Who Am I
- 0.3.3: Bad update code caused the script to break, bugfix.
- 0.3.2: Removed double entry of "endless tweets" userscript, also serving as a test of update-notification.
- 0.3.1: Tweet preview added (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/53554)
- 0.3.0: Auto-completion of following names for @replies, @mentions, and direct messages.
- 0.2.0: Bugfixes to ReTweeting, added retweet button to individual tweet pages. More info at ReTweet for GreaseMonkey. GreaseMonkey update-notifier initial implementation, may or may not work.
- 0.1.1: Removed "Endless Tweets" Google Analytics code.
- 0.1.0: Initial release.