Script Summary: Filter out unwanted objects on ImmobilienScout24.DE. Automatically highlight the ones you might be most interested in. Focus on the real ones.
German hint: Die Benutzeroberfläche des Skriptes spricht natürlich auch Deutsch (ist schließlich für eine deutsche Site). Die Beschreibung hier ist trotzdem in Englisch, da dies die Sprache dieser Site ist...
ImmobilienScout24.DE is probably one of the largest and best known portals to search for real estates in Germany. But though it also has the most complete search conditions I found, it still lists properties I don't want to see - and gives me no possibilities to hide them.
There are two scripts around here at UserScripts.Org (IS24ResultListHelper and ImmobilienScout24Helper), they haven't been updated for quite a while and unfortunately stopped working. My knowledge was not enough to repair those, so I decided to write my own "simple script" (which turned out to grow quite fast, and teaching me a lot of new skills).
There are more of these web sites around in Germany, and so I derived two more scripts from this one: You may also want to check ImmoweltFilter for Immowelt.DE and ImmonetFilter for Immonet.DE. The handling of these two scripts is almost the same as described below, since they share much of their code.
Documentation for the ImmoFilter scripts can be found in this guide.
You are welcome to suggest features you are missing!
History of Changes
- 1.2.5 (2009-07-27) - minor fix: adding a filter definition via the new button was not setting the filter correctly if it was empty before
- 1.2.4 (2009-07-24) - optionally make the result list compacter by injecting CSS
- 1.2.3 (2009-07-24) - highlighting was still broken (fixed now). Moreover, a "Filter" button was added to each property to ease adding new filters (see screenshot)
- 1.2.2 (2009-07-23) - site structure changed and broke the script (fixed); added possibility to block some ads and switch debug log on/off from the config screen
- 1.2.1 (2009-06-26) - using new features of the updater (forced dependency checks)
- 1.2.0 (2009-06-22) - using new multi-lang capabilities of the updater
- 1.1.9 (2009-06-15) - added Update Check (see maintenance screen).
- 1.1.8 (2009-06-09) - config screen now uses tabs to make things more clear.
- 1.1.7 (2009-06-04) - now keeping track of the IDs configured to allow purging objects no longer available.
- 1.1.6 (2009-06-03) - some code rewrite and optimization
- 1.1.5 (2009-05-27) - using some of the new features from the GM_config Extender:
- Copy/Paste settings (disabled by default)
- Fading of the main page
- 1.1.4 (2009-05-26) - switched to GM_config Extender - which means:
- a bunch of code got obsolete and removed, since it is part of the Extender
- on configuration change, the current page gets automatically reloaded
- 1.1.3 (2009-05-22) - added tooltips to the configuration GUI
- 1.1.2 (2009-05-22) - MultiLanguage (English, Deutsch)
- 1.1.1 (2009-05-22) - Bugfix: If no locations and/or titles to hide had been defined, all properties have been hidden
- 1.1.0 (2009-05-21) - added GUI for configuration (based on GM_config, see also the development group) - so now this is suitable for the end user
- 1.0.6 (2009-05-19) - added highliting of preferred properties
- 1.0.5 (2009-05-19) - page was messed up when multiple criteria matched an item to hide - fixed.
- 1.0.4 (2009-05-19) - added hiding for titles
- 1.0.3 (2009-05-19) - added hiding for locations; toggle between hide and remove via Greasemonkey menu
- 1.0.2 (2009-05-19) - added possibility to hide by ID (instead of remove) - click remaining hint to show/hide property
- 1.0.1 (2009-05-18) - added ignoreID
- 1.0.0 (2009-05-18) - initial version