Script Summary: Automatically submits login forms where FF saved your login data from, optionally checking the RememberMe/KeepMeIn checkbox before
This script provides a convenient auto-login. It looks for password forms on loaded pages. If it finds one, and it has a password set, it will further:
- lookout for the checkbox defined for this host (or the first one in the login form, if no definition for this host exists) and, depending of your settings (see Greasemonkey menu, where you can change this)
- (un)check it, if defined
- ignore it, if defined as "none"
- lookout for the submit button and "click" it
Basically, this is a combination of RememberMeNot and AutoLoginJ, where most of the code is taken from (and adapted afterwards). Having both in one script makes sure they are executed in the right order - amongst other things...
- Automatically submit login forms if login/password have been stored in FF
- Exclude sites (to prevent endless loops if they e.g. preset dummy passwords)
- Optionally check (or uncheck) a "Remember Me" checkbox in the same form before submission, depending on your configuration
- Toggle between "Remember Me" (aka "Permanent Login") and "Remember Me Not" (aka "OneTime Login") via the Greasemonkey Userscripts menu
For the configuration, the script provides a little GUI (using the GM_config Extender), reachable via the GM User Scripts menu (see screenshots). Some basic presets are provided as well, and you can add your own preferences easily. Hovering your mouse pointer over a setting will provide hints to it.
Thanks to this GUI, your settings are preserved even when updating the script.
Currently there are no items on the ToDo list. If you miss some feature, or tap into any misbehaviour/bug, please use the Discussions and/or Issues tab above to let me know.
History of Changes
- 1.1.6 (2011-11-01) - made compatible for FF6 (not sure if it still works w/ older versions)
- 1.1.5 (2009-08-07) - possibility to define passwords for global exclusion; more user-friendly configuration interface using the GM_config Extender
- 1.1.0 (2009-05-18) - allow to exclude sites (some have their login form already filled with pseudo-data, which causes an indefinite loop)
- 1.0.1 (2009-05-15) - added option in GM menu to toggle between "permanent" and "one-time" logins
- 1.0.0 (2009-05-14) - initial version