Script Summary: Shows the generals score of a player in the island view afer you have looked it up in the highscores.
License: GNU GPL v3 (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html)
Island View Pages
The score and ranking are displayed inline when you click on a player in the island view.
- A quick-link button is displayed next to the ranking to allow you to lookup the Generals score of all players with names matching the first three letters of the selected player's name (see Technical Details below).
- The background colour of the quick-link button gives you an indication of when the score was last updated (Dark Green = recently, Green = last 6 hours, Yellow = last day, Orange = within half a week, Red = later or unknown). Hovering the mouse over the button will tell you exactly how long it has been since the score was last updated (Days, Hours and Minutes).
High Score Pages
- At either side of the box to search by ranking, a quick link arrow is added to take you to the previous (up arrow) or next (down arrow) page of rankings by pressing a single button (instead of changing the dropdown menu and clicking submit).
- A button is added to take you back to the last island view you were on.
Embassy & Alliance Pages
- A column is added to the table in the embassy & alliance pages, showing the Generals score of everyone in the alliance.
- The box on the right of the column is colour coded to show how long ago the score was updated and hovering the mouse over the box will tell you exactly how long it was since the last score update.
- The image above shows the script working along side the "Ikariam Alliance Sorter" script, which adds the ability to sort the table by columns. (Make sure the Aide-Memoire is installed first and then the Alliance Sorter so that the scripts run in the correct order; otherwise the Generals score column will not be sortable.)
Alliance High Score Pages
- Adds a column to the Alliance High Score page showing the Average Generals score for the Alliance and a count of the members. Both numbers are ONLY representative of the players' scores that have been "found" by the script; if a player has not been found it will not be included in the average or the number of members in the alliance.
- Data is presented in the format: Average Generals Score (Number of players with available data/Number of players in alliance)
- If you find that the scores are being counted twice in the averages, you will need to clear the saved data. There is an option to do this in the menus - Go to "Tools" > "Greasemonkey" > "User Script Commands..." > "Ikariam Aide-Memoire: Clear Score Data" - once this has been cleared you can go back to the highscore pages and click through the scores to re-load them again and it should count the scores preoperly.
Aide-mémoire n. - Something, such as a mnemonic device, that serves as an aid to memory.
This script performs three functions:
- It adds quick links to navigate to, and around, the high scores, including a quick link to search for a player's Generals score from the island view;
- It "remembers" players' Generals scores as you look them up and notes the time you looked them up; and
- It provides an inline display of a player's Generals Score in the information box of the island view, showing a player's score, rank and when the score was last updated.
Unlike previous scripts, that are now illegal, this script does NOT:
- Automatically query the server every time you click on a player - the Aide-Mémoire is exactly that, a memory aid; it will only "remember" a score if you have already looked it up.
- Always display up to the minute scores - the score is only as up to date as the last time you searched for it but a helpful quick link is provided to search for the score so you can find out the latest scores quickly and without having to click through several pages or type in the player's name.
|Version 1.0.1||Bugfix: Fixed @include error|
|Version 1.0.2||Bugfix: Fixed page parsing error|
|Version 1.0.3||Feature: Added column in table on Embassy & Alliance pages.|
|Version 1.0.4||Feature: In city view, shows generals score of the controlling player (own and, when spying, other players).|
|Version 1.0.5||Feature: Added auto-update checker.|
|Version 1.0.6||Bugfix: Fixed column identifiers to work independently of any extra columns added.|
|Version 1.0.7||Feature: Changed to store data based on player ID rather than name.|
Feature: Added column to Alliance Highscore showing average generals score and number of players the average is based on.
- When visiting a Generals score page, all the scores and ranks are "remembered" and saved, with a timestamp, to a GreaseMonkey variable in your browser (similar to a cookie). The variable is specific to the world and domain so data from multiple domains and worlds can be stored separately (Note: the limit for a single GreaseMonkey variable is about 32Mb so the scores for an entire server can easily be stored as the data for approximately 4000 players requires approximately 160Kb).
- When on the island view, the scores are "recalled" and displayed inline with the other scores in the information box. This is all done as the page finishes loading and should not slow down game play.
- To prevent repeated queries to the server, the quick-link in the island view to search for a player's score is disabled and will show a warning if the score has been updated in the last 15 minutes.
- To further reduce server load, when you do a quick search for a player the search will be done on the first three letters of their name and all the matching player's scores will be updated.
- The code is CopyLeft and is released under the GNU General Public License v3. The basics of this mean that it is free to use and other developers are free to use/modify the source code so long as credit is give to the author (me) and that it remains free software. For full legal details/implications, please read the license. (The modular components are also released under GNU GPL v3)