Script Summary: Makes images link directly to the original in Google Images search. The source website link is moved to the white URL at the bottom of the image. Also gives the option to always use the basic (old) version of Google Images.
If you want to use the basic (old) version of Google Image search there is an option at the bottom of the page to remember that setting. To activate, just click "Always" right after "Switch to basic version" at the bottom.
If you encounter any problems with this script please report them in the discussions.
- 2014-01-31: Works again on the standard page. Does not do the basic version for now, will be added back later.
- 2013-12-01: Fixed the links in the basic version.
- 2013-03-22: Fixed bug with ctrl-clicking.
- 2013-03-21: Fixed bug when image size is displayed.
- 2013-02-23: Updated for new version from Google. To open the new Google view and not just the image, click on the grey bar at the bottom of the picture.
- 2012-12-22: Respects preference to open results in a new window and small fixes.
- 2012-11-26: Another update to match a new version from Google.
- 2012-09-01: Big rewrite of entire script and new version numbering to support Chrome.
- 2011-10-06: Added metadata to support auto-updating as requested.
- 2011-09-24: Updated for new basic version.
- 2011-07-25: Support for encrypted version.
- 2011-07-24: Update for the double encoding.
- 2011-07-23: Fix for yet another update from Google.
- 2011-07-08: Small update to adapt to new version.
- 2011-06-03: Updated for more images in normal (web) search.
- 2011-05-30: Added additional layer of cleaning.
- 2011-04-12: Corrected link to basic version.
- 2011-04-11: Added URL to include.
- 2010-10-12: Small bug fix.
- 2010-09-21: Updated to fix the issue with arguments appended to URLs (with tip from Vaughan Chandler).
- 2010-09-13: Remembers option to use the basic version of search.
- 2010-08-07: Update for new Google Images search.
- 2010-07-23: Temporary fix while Google decides what to do.
- 2010-07-20: Added a tiny check to avoid errors.
- 2010-06-22: Fixed compatibility issue with Opera.
- 2010-04-05: Reverted to * from tld-shorthand for URLs to increase compatibility.
- 2010-03-22: Now works with images presented with web search, works by auto-forwarding from Googles split page with the image (only kicks in if the images hasn't been visited before, also note the additional @include site required).
- 2010-03-15: Fixed bug with search containing "imgurl".
- 2009-10-26: Compensated for new style sheet and added Opera wrapper.
- 2009-09-09: Changed event listener to increase compatibility.
- 2009-08-05: Extended support for different language versions.
- 2009-08-02: Corrected the problem of the script not being called when changing options.
- 2009-07-27: Added support for URLs containing escaped characters.
- 2009-07-26: Google changed the container for the URL to the hosting page, script updated accordingly.
- Links become broken when host does not allow hot-linking. It will work once the image has been loaded into cache when first viewed through original context (like in the case of Googles default behavior). This script has no solution for this.