Script Summary: Bulk delete friends on facebook
HOW TO USE* Click on your name on the top right to go to your profile
* Click on 'friends'
* Important: Put your mouse over one of your friends and over the friends button so the script can see your list of groups.
* Click the down arrow to the left of 'facebook delete friends'
* Tick people whom you don't want to delete.
* Click the "Highlight" button to test it out if you want to be confident before doing the actual delete.
It will only delete users on the current page. If you have lots of friends, go to the bottom of the page to load them first.
If you're not on the new timeline version of facebook, get the old version from... http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/43404/41...
The opposite of this script is the facebook invites script... http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/43682
Here's a script that checks if your friends have removed you... http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/40027
Some facebook applications will let you keep someone in their team even if they're not your friend. Send me a message for anything important.
VERSION HISTORY24/Jul/2012: Added a message to make it clearer that you need to put your mouse over a friends' name before it'll work.
24/Apr/2012: Deleting wasn't working, fixed.
16/Mar/2012: Another update to fix detection of when the dialog appears.
25/Feb/2012: Wasn't appearing in the friends page, fixed.
11/Jan/2012: Support for the new facebook timeline. Thanks to Raanan Nevet!
14/Dec/2011: Fixed the dialog not appearing but the tick boxes were appearing. Added 'Only delete/Do not delete' options to select what friend lists want to delete.
4/Dec/2011: Fixed problem with the script not appearing if you have security turned on in facebook.
4/Oct/2011: Fixed skipping of a friend after every delete.
20/Sep/2011: Working again with the new facebook friend lists.
13/Sep/2011: Fix for grabbing the friend lists. Clicks the confirm button.
26/Aug/2011: Fixed problem with using friend lists to skip deletes.
3/Oct/2010: Updated the script to work with facebook changes.
27/Aug/2010: Fix for custom profile urls saying that it's been deleted but not really deleted.
27/Jul/2010: Fixed up problem with custom profile urls not working. Fixed problem with friends list not being put into the select box.
22/Apr/2010: Able to remove users from groups now.
11/Sept/2009: Major update(by Joe Frazier Jr).
- Added buttons to expand and contract the user interface with the default being contracted. Click the blue down arrow to expand and view the user interface.
- Added multi select list which includes all Friend lists for the user as well as two hard coded options for "No Friend Lists" and "Friend Request Pending"
- Selected values are saved and reselected automatically
- Buttons moved and styled both to reduce space used as well as give visual indicators as to function.
- Note that you may use a combination of typed text to filter as well as using the multi select box
- Styled the warning text to make it more obvious
14/Jul/2009: Removed the big table and put the box into the main facebook layout. Added a "skip" text box to skip people who are pending or are in certain groups.
12/Jul/2009: People reported that it stopped working, added 'type':'friend' to the delete friends request. Thanks to Cuteboy
26/Jun/09: Added tickbox to delete all friends and friends in the next pages as well.
19/Apr/09: Added a better layout from Don Papy
31/mar/09: Fix recursion too much error. Stopped reloading the list of users after doing a toggle test.
28/mar/09: Fixed a problem with the script running endlessly.
14/mar/09: Fixed deleting in the friends' list page so it clicks both the dialogs. A problem with the user list not showing up sometimes when facebook changes page via ajax.