Script Summary: A lick of paint for isohunt.com - removes ads, simplifies experience with direct downloads, makes it look nice.
isohunt.com is quite good for what it is, but the interface sucks. This script tries to fix that.
Please note: if you like viewing the torrent details or reading forums or lists of comments, this script is not for you. I do away with all that in favour of a simple experience.
It shares the style of my better epguides script, and like that script it has a couple of issues yet to fix.
Here's what it attempts to do:
- Removes information that's completely useless to most people (isohunt release information?)
- Attempts to replace the unformatted text with structured markup wherever possible
- Removes categories because most people use the wrong ones anyway
- Removes links to forums, comments, torrent details, 3rd party sites etc.
- Removes ads
- Replaces links with direct downloads of .torrent files
- Replaces internal navigation with AJAX requests to help smooth things out
- Replaces the main page with a simple search
- Presents only the navigation buttons appropriate to the current page
- Replaces formatting here and there, for example "13.22w" in the "age" column becomes "13 weeks"
- Selectively highlights torrent names, for example, "the.best.torrent.evar.avi" becomes "the best torrent evar.avi" with the extension dimmed
- Makes the interface look pretty (for certain values of "pretty")
Still to do:
- Thoroughly test!
- Replace the search form with another ajax request to prevent page flickering on load
- Realise I missed something obvious, replace it and increment the version number :)
I'm quite pleased with this script so far. Please let me know if there are any problems or requests and I'll see what I can do.