Script Summary: For Twitter's web UI. Adds a handy "Translate using Google" button to the list of tools on each status updates. The language is automatically detected by Google via their API.
Please let me know of ways to improve this script by leaving a comment. And report any bugs you experience.
The fastest way to get a response is to e-mail me: jack.hsu (at) gmail.com
What You Need
Bug Fixes / New Features
- Removed "fav-action" from the translate link so Twitter won't add the tweet to your fav list. Thanks Adrian for spotting the bug!
- Added more margin on the bottom of the translation text.
- Fixed class names so "t" icon appears properly with new Twitter CSS changes.
07/10/2009 11:49 AM ET
- Now adds translate feature to newly loaded tweets (via the bottom "More" button).
07/09/2009 11:18 AM ET
- Added HTTPS in the @include.
03/01/2009 9:10 AM ET
- Added error handling for errors returned from Google API
- A nice loading screen has been added.
02/15/2009 11:48 PM ET
- Initial launch of the script!
Roadmap / Upcoming Features (in no particular order)
- Support more languages than just English.
- Add option to choose "from" language instead of having Google auto-detect it.