Script Summary: Version 0.8.6b. Mimics the way that IE uses WMP to play most media files.
Current Version: 0.8.6b
Updated (05/09/2006) (minor bug fix)
To install, click the 'Install this Script' link at the top right of the page.
IE Media Mimic modifies embedded media to mimic how IE handles embedded Windows media, as usually such pages are only written to work in IE:
- It will make all the common formats (mp3, midi, mpeg, wav, and more) open with the Windows Media Player plugin - normally they would not play unless you configured Quicktime to play them.
- It will modify how the file is embedded to duplicate some IE-only parameters and functions (like the loop attribute).
- It will convert BGsound tags and (partially) WMP ActiveX objects to a format that Firefox & the WMP plugin can play.
- Can be set to make any file type open with the WMP plugin.
Visit the page whose embedded media you want to convert, and use one of the following commands:
- Convert Page (Ctrl+Shift+C) - will refresh the page and convert when it loads.
- Quick Convert (Ctrl+Shift+Q) - will convert the page instantly without refreshing, but cannot fully convert some pages. An error alert will appear if Quick Convert fails, offering to perform a full convert.
The script has limitations and issues, it is recommended that you read its known issues on its homepage before use. Examples
Examples of websites that this script will make work:
Windows media in MSN Spaces blogs
Love 89 Radio
|The script has user-changeable settings. To access the settings window, click the "Settings" menu item. For more information on IE Media Mimic's settings and what they do, view the script's homepage.|