Script Summary: Allows you to make the Inbox Collapsible and loads your choice of Google Calendar, Reader, Notebook, Groups etc... seamlessly into the gmail interface below the inbox (rather than the sidebar) using a collapsible box. Works w/Google Apps Accounts.
Now an experimental Firefox Addon: Integrated Gmail Please give it a try and post a review to help make it publicly available!
Check out the new website: http://www.integratedgmail.com/
As featured on LifeHacker.comWorks best when used with GCal/GReader/GNotebook- Header Removal in IFrames.
Please send comments, problems, and general feedback to Michael.Balazs+UserScripts@gmail.com
Scroll down for configuration instructions!
- It is important, due to conflicts with old versions and changes in the names of files that you remove all related scripts before installing the newest version!
- Fixed a bug with Google Apps not having a scroll bar. Fixed a bug that caused Pandora to crash Integrated Gmail. Improved load time by changing how elements are loaded and ordered.
- Automatic Gmail Theme Detection now works with default theme.
- New Feature: Automatic Gmail Theme Detection - You no longer need to set the theme by hand. Theme detection happens on page refresh.
- Loading Bug Fix: Fixes a bug that has been elusive for a while that would cause a failure to load.
- Theme Bug Fix: Fixes a bug with the Tree and Bus Stop themes that I didn't notice until it started raining. =)
- Add version tagging in header as requested by user.
- Compatibility Update: Now works with GMail Themes. See the top of the configuration section of the script for details.
- Improved Support:Support for Google Gadgets greatly improved. No longer will it just accept script format but now also xml files.
- New Feature: Added support for Custom URLs
- New Feature: Added support for Google Gadgets
- New Feature: Added in frame navigation buttons when appropriate. Requires new header removal script.
- New Features: Support for non-apps account features in app accounts within configuration. That is you can now view reader, notebook, etc... for you non-apps account within you gmail app account. (Disabled by default.)
- New Features: Finer header display control within configuration.
- Fixed bug that could have caused failure to load problems.
- Fixed compatibility with new header remover script.
- Cosmetic Corrections
- New Feature: Are you an inbox minimalist, annoyed when an empty white box on the screen for an empty (or low count) inbox? Enable this new feature and never have to see it again!
- Add requested support for Picasa, Sites, News and Portfolio
- Original Version
- Calendar navbox is set by default to load open every time because the way the calendar determines font size. If box is closed at loading the text is too small to read in certain views.
- Notebook navbox is set by default to load open to avoid endless reloading of the notebook problem.
- Reader has issues sharing with notes, the degree of the problem depends on if headers are loaded.
- If Gmail is loaded directly into a conversation (message) minimalist mode fails to load and there are cosmetic issues.
- If a subpage (when loaded in its own page) is zoomed it can cause the gmail page to change zooms. It can be resolved but resetting the zoom of the subpage (when loaded in its own page.) Possible temporary work around is disable firefox from recalling zoom levels by going to about:config and setting browser.zoom.siteSpecific to false. This I believe is a firefox bug and has been submitted to bugzilla.
- It does not play well with NoScript since it blocks iframes by default. This can be disabled to fix the problem.
- It does not play well with styles/addons/extensions that remove the footer as this is how placement of the elements is determined.
- Tools->Greasemonkey->Manage User Scirpts
- Highlight Gmail - Seamless Integration (Google Calendar, Reader, Notebook, etc...) with Collapsible Inbox
- Click Edit
- Edit settings at top of script.
- Save file and reload GMail.