Script Summary: Adds your avatar to any forum and shows images linked in posts below the post. Also fixes the profile link on the avatars for anyone.
- Find a picture you'd like to use as your avatar, and copy its address to your clipboard. It's a good idea to use a picture located on your own server (or Flickr or Facebook or something) for this purpose. You can also use a TinyURL;
- Install this userscript;
- The first time you view (or reload) a topic in Dave's ESL Cafe, the page will ask you to enter your username - this is the username under which your avatar will be displayed;
- Next, the page will ask you to enter your avatar's address - just paste it into the box from your clipboard;
- Done! You will see your avatar below your username next to any post you have written on Dave's ESL Cafe, in any forum.
- Avatarizer: Displays your avatar under any of your posts;
- Imagizer: If someone makes a post with an image link in it (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP), then that image will be automatically embedded at the bottom of that post. If there is more than one image, they will be displayed at the bottom of the post in the order they were mentioned. This feature is particularly useful on the buy/sell/trade forums;
- Profile Bug Fixer: When you click on anyone's username next to his/her post, it should serve as a link to that person's profile. Unfortunately, this link address seems to be broken by default on the username and non-existent on the avatar, so this script fixes it. Now, clicking on any person's username or avatar takes you to their profile.