Script Summary: No autoplay; buttons to play w/ movie plugin, flash, or d/l
Copyright: 2008 by Adam Katz
License: AGPL v3+
- No auto-play: No player is loaded until you click "play"
- No flash: A real movie player (e.g. Quicktime) is used on the higher quality MP4 version
- Download: Buttons are added to play with your movie player (default), the YouTube flash player, or to download the movie
- Previews: You get previews of three different parts of the movie
- No comments: Comments are collapsed (you can expand them with a click)
With the exception of the disabled autoplay and the buttons themselves, you can disable any of the above by merely changing the related variable from
false, right at the top of the script for your convenience.
When you click the preview, it then loads your movie player (your MP4 plugin, e.g. quicktime, or if you change the
embed variable in the code or press the Flash button, the YouTube flash player). This is especially helpful for people fed up with Flash constantly crashing their browser.
As you can see from the screen shot below, the previews can be very useful -- this video is a Rickroll.
This script was loosely inspired by YouTube MP4 Plug-in Player Replacement.