Script Summary: Makes orkut better
Add a comment or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to give your feedbacks or queries.
- Better My Communities Box - which shows the most frequently viewed communities rather than orkuts default ordering
- Shortcut Link - Direct link to the last page on the forum topics page and community page, Direct link to community forum on my communities box and communities page
- Quick Reply - quick reply feature in forum
- URL Shortener - Truncates long urls in forum posts
- Quote - Quote feature for forums
- Last page on reply - Jumps to the last page on reply
- Skin Switch - Switches all pages to your profile skin
- Easy to use Settings page - Allows you to turn off and configure any of the features
- More readable forum topics listing
- Update Notifier - Script update notification
- Quick Scrap Box - Scrap anyone from any page, by simply hovering mouse over a person's name
- Ad Block - Hide ads in home page
When installing newer versions it is recommended that you uninstall all previous versions with 'Also uninstall associated preferences' checked. Usage is pretty straighforward no special configuration or anything is required. Any of the features can be turned off or on, configured at the settings->Better orkut page.
Quote Template format
The quote template, which can be altered from the settings->better orkut page, is used to format quotes. It uses a syntax similar to orkut's forum/scrapbook formatting BB Code. Currently it supports three tags [username], [time] and [quote]. [username] gets replaced with the name of the quote author. [time] gets replaced with date at which an entry was posted. [quote] is replaced by the quote body, but in a slightly different manner - the line containing the [quote] tag is repeated for each line of the quote body. You can also use any of orkuts formatting tags along with these two tags to create custom quote templates.