Script Summary: A boon to twitter sanity, "Now shoosh!" allows you to avoid people you don't really wanna read right now.
We all know the social drill: that friend of a friend adds you on Twitter, you shrug, you press 'follow'... and you regret. Your page, a safe haven for your brain to rest on all the cool things your contacts have to say, is flooded with awful attempts at humor, mediocre political commentary and all sorts of depressing displays of saggy nakedness.
Well, wipe off that sweat and start smiling again: "Now shoosh!" is your first step in taking back control over what you wish to read. Never again be stopped by the fear of starting a World War as you decrement the poor bastard's followers count. Never again look away in horror at the sight of that dreaded user picture. With a single click, all toots from that person will disappear from your home page, to never again affront your precious taste.
And if you wake up believing in humanity, after all that stress you relieved from not reading a Library of Congress of crap, all it takes is another click to restore those senseless blurbs to your timeline.
Simple, untraceable, joy-restoring: Now shoosh!
Twitter's layout may change in a whim and render this script useless. If that happens and there's no update here, hit me in the head.
Latest version: v0.6.3
"Now shoosh!" is looking for a maintainer!
- 2010-06-16: works again. If you are interested in this script, can code a little and wish to maintain it, please drop me a line.
- 2009-12-17: cleanup, fixed "More" bug, dropped GreaseKit stuff that was hanging around, as I don't intend to support it
- 2009-12-16: support for "More" and "x new tweets", user page shooshabilty
- 2009-12-09: moved "Mute" next to "Retweet", changed to "Shoosh"
- 2009-11-30: tweaked to work on slightly changed layout.
- 2009-09-01: minor tweaks to as Twitter adjusts it layout yet again
- 2009-07-26: updated to deal with minor changes in Twitter's layout
- 2009-06-03: updated for GreaseKit support
- 2009-05-25: it took a long time, but it's back to working again. Please report bugs and request features as you think of them.
- 2008-12-21: updated script to work with the newest twitter layout. Seems to do its job just fine.