Script Summary: Hides OkCupid users in forum discussions.
Forums have been on their way out for a long time now. Version 1.5 is a maintenance release to bring the script to a hopefully final state without legacy code and no external links that can go bad.
This script lets you hide forum comments and threads by users you've added to your ignore list. It offers different hiding modes and supports pattern matching via regular expressions.
- Hide: Posts are covered by a removable blind.
- Dim: Posts are faded, to be made slightly more readable when moused over.
- Kill: No blind, no dimming, no mention of them in the status line.
Pattern matching by regular expression. For example, hide users whose name: -
... contains "word":
... starts with "word":
... ends with "word":
... starts with "word" and ends with a number:
... contains three consecutive vowels:
... contains three consecutive non-vowels:
- Status line summarizing how many posts on the page have been touched by the script.
Matches are case-insensitive, i.e. there's no difference between "CHRISCOYNE", "ChrisCoyne", or "chriscoyne". This also applies to pattern matches.
If you're updating from below version 1.4 and don't want to redo your ignore list, you'll now have to take an intermediate step. First get any version 1.4 and migrate your old list to the new format:
- Right-click the Greasemonkey icon in the status bar,
- Open the sub-menu "User Script Commands",
- Select "Migrate List (1.3 -> 1.4)".
After that you can upgrade to version 1.5 and everything should be fine.