Script Summary: UNDER DEVELOPMENT: Provides links to your Personal NAP friends from your Player Description page, works like the Alliance page NAPs and Confederacies links.
DescriptionThis script is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT and is as yet incomplete. This is my first attempt at writing a GreaseMonkey Script, so please be patient with me.
The goal of this project is to turn usernames that are listed as Personal NAP friends on your Player Description page into clickable links, just like the NAP and Confederacy links on the Alliance page, so that you can quickly link to your Personal NAP friends' profile.
Providing links between two friends profiles, what a novel idea! I wonder where I got this from. :-)
How it will work
- Identify the beginning and end of a players name on the page, using a fixed demarcation character.
- Generate the URL required to display the player's page.
- Display the players name as a link.
- Make the demarcation character user definable.
- Automatically insert the player's Alliance (with a link).
- Automatically insert the player's current rank.
- v0.2 (23-May-2008)
- v0.1 (23-May-2008)
- Began work on the Greasemonkey metadata section.
Bugs and incompatibilities
- I foresee a problem with the demarcation character, if the Player Description page makes extensive use of ANSII Graphics, which may also contain the same demarcation character. The initial release version (v1.0) will have a fixed demarcation character of • (the bullet mark). Future releases will allow the user to customize which demarcation character they use, to overcome this issue.
- Facebook, Bebo, MySpace, etc (for the idea), QP, dbKiller (for code snippets).