Script Summary: Displays and automatically updates your last few comments on your MySpace homepage.
- Compatible with Insane Ninja's Auto Home-Update and Home Skin Switchup scripts, but can be used independently.
- Clicking on the "View all" link will display your latest fifty comments.
- This script has a user-set variable, defCmtNum, which is the number of comments to display by default. The normal value is set at three, but you can use any number from one to fifty.
- The second user-set variable is 'position,' which controls the placement of the new comment div. The commented list describes possible values.
- The comments automatically refresh themselves if you get a new comment.
- As of now, you will not be alerted of any new comments when using this script, either in conjunction with Insane Ninja's scripts or independently.
- 08/01/09 (v1.0.1) - Adjusted to MySpace code changes; Reply link not working yet.
- 01/18/09 (v1.0) - Rewrote script almost entirely. Now reads comments by injecting them directly into the page, instead of using RegExp to parse the comments, making the script less likely to fail when MySpace changes the HTML. Several features in the last version are not available in this release, but will be added in later versions.
- 12/19/08 (v0.7.11) - Adjusted to MySpace code changes.
- 11/26/08 (v0.7.10) - Adjusted to MySpace code changes.
- 11/15/08 (v0.7.9) - Fixed "every-other" comment bug.
- 11/15/08 (v0.7.8) - Adjusted to MySpace code changes.
- 07/23/08 (v0.7.7) - Added a reply comment form, but loads a new page for confirmation right now. Hopefully that can be changed.
- 05/19/08 (v0.7.6) - Compatibility with Seifer's Custom MySpace Home script & temporary fix to browser slowdown/freeze.
- 05/12/08 (v0.7.5) - Adds option to disable videos.
- 04/24/08 (v0.7.4) - Adjusted to MySpace changes. Doesn't crash.
- 04/10/08 (v0.7.3) - Disabled relative times for language settings that do not use Mmm dd, yyyy hh:mm AM/PM for date formatting.
- 04/07/08 (v0.7.2) - Added "MyToken" param to the request url, hopefully getting rid of hanging 'loading comments' with the preloading circle.
- 04/05/08 (v0.7.1) - Altered View More functions for speed.
- 04/05/08 (v0.7) -
- Added option for reply links to open in a new tab (false by default)
- Added before or after choice for positioning
- Changed dates to relative times (x minutes ago, x hours ago, etc.)
- 04/04/08 (v0.6) - Resolved conflict between embedded media in comments and Firefox extensions similar to Ad Block Plus that add custom HTML.
- 04/03/08 (v0.5.1) - Switched out comment icon for a better looking one. Adjusted to MySpace changes.
- 03/30/08 (v0.5) - Unabbreviated and enlarged names.
- 03/29/08 (v0.4) -
- Presentational changes:
- Theme recognition and corresponding color changes.
- Borders around images.
- Separators between comments.
- Consistent text margin.
- Maximum image width change.
- Got rid of three-second delay when loading comments.
- Changed default position.
- Presentational changes:
- 03/28/08 (v0.3) - Fixed stylesheet errors.
- 03/27/08 (v0.2) -
- Add positioning option. Place the comments mostly anywhere on the page.
- Add link to the script if you're running Auto-Home Update by Insane Ninja
- 03/26/08 (v0.1) - Initial Release