Script Summary: Filters duplicated entries and unwanted content or highlight chosen content based on keywords (with regex support).
Donations are appreciated (PayPal Donate button) - Thanks!
- After installing the user script, a "Google Reader Filter" button appears on top right corner of Google Reader.
- Settings window shows two text boxes. One for excludes and one for highlights
- In each box you can write regexes separated by new lines
java ?script css ^free windows (mobile|media|server)
@[opinion]When opening a feed, excluded entries displayed with gray text, and highlighted ones displayed with a lime background. That will filter from your eyes what you'd rather :) You can also totally hide excludes, in the preferences.
This userscript only works with Google Reader's list view and not expanded view - switch to list view from the view tabs on the upper right.
- Filter keywords in a specific feed/category
v18.104.22.168 May 25, 11
- Fixed compatibility with Chrome 13
v1.1.2 Apr 16, 11
- Removed unnecessary delay
v1.1.1 - Mar 18, 11
- Firefox 4 support
- Bug fix - had to refresh after first installation and terms set in order to see it working
v1.1b1 - Sep 1, 10
- jQuery integration
- Added a preference whether to show quick add or not
- You can now use special characters in a term, without worrying it'll become a RegExp. A term that should not be treated as a RegExp, should start with @
- Close filter/quick add on escape
- Better Chrome Support
- Added logging
v1.0 - Jun 28, 10
- Support for Google Chrome using localStorage.
v0.6 - Aug 14, 09
- Adjusted to the new Google Reader's interface
- Lets you prefer highlights over excludes
- Added auto update (see http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/2296 for details)
- A little code refactoring
v0.531 - Dec 5, 08
- Update to support new Google Reader's GUI - the "Quick Add" window is now fixed.
v0.53 - Apr 20, 08
- Fixed minification regexp (added a few characters)
v0.52 - Apr 2, 08
- Fixed some design issues - excluded/highlighted entries doesn't affect the content of the entry (thanks Paul Irish!)
v0.51 - Mar 31, 08
- Fixed minification regexp (old one omitted numbers)
v0.5 - Mar 30, 08
- Fixed some bugs
- Enhanced filter
- UTF-8 characters support
v0.4 - Mar 26, 08
- Added the ability to hide duplicates/excluded entries, new checkboxes added in settings window.
v0.3 - Mar 19, 08
- Duplicates also marked as excluded. Duplicate is an entry whose url or title were already printed.
v0.2 - Mar 16, 08
- Added "Quick Add" window, which lets you add new exclude/highlight to the list from within an entry ( [#] button is added to each entry on its right)
- RegExps are compiled only at initialization and after saving, not like before
v0.1 - Mar 8, 08
- First Release