Script Summary: Post a story about the photo to your blog and add a description or comment on it automatically.
I've written a new GM script called "Ajax Photo Blogging". It's not an improved version of official "Blog this" tool, however, I create a new one in Ajax approach to let you blog faster and easier.
The features of the tool:
- Blogging and posting in Ajax way in background.
- Posting to your blog via XMLRPC by calling GMxmlhttpRequest of greasemonkey.
- Working fine and testing in Movable Type 3.2 now.
- Adding the URL of new post to the photo description or comment, depend on if you are the owner of photo or not.
The pros -
- No need to save your blog password in Flickr.
- Blogging and commenting at one-click.
The cons -
- Storing your blog password in local machine causes inconvenience when not using your own computer.
- You need to know the detail tech info of your blog, eg. XMLRPC endpoint URL, blogid...
- I only test under my blog environment now. Mine is Movable Type 3.2. I believe all MT series will work fine. If any of you are interested in this script, please have a try and let me know the result. Your feedback is appreciated.
ps. The pieces of code to add comment and description are contributed by steeev in my GMiF project. Thank you.