Script Summary: Adds a button in the left frame which lets the user switch on and off anonymous surfing at the swedish community helgon. Version 2.1.
This scripts adds a button in the left frame which lets the user quickly go anonymous on the swedish communtity helgon.net.
Install the script in the usual manner. Then go to Tools -> Manage User Scripts. Choose on "Helgon - Anonymknapp" the left. Press the edit button.
Note that in GM 0.5.0 this will not work on *nix. You will have to find the script yourself and open it.
Pressing edit will open the script in your editor. Go to line 76. It should say:
var pass_mode = 2;
pass_mode has two different possible values:
1. In this mode, the password will be saved in the script file. Note that this is a security risk. If you want to do this, you will also have to go to line
86. It should say:
var password = ""; //Enter your Helgon-password between the quotes if you don't wan't to enter it each time
Enter your password between the qoutes.
2. If you use this mode, then each time you press the anonymous button Firefox will prompt you for the password. This is much more secure than
pass_mode 1 but it also more annoying having to type in your password each time you want to switch modes.
3. Another mode is in the workings that will be both secure and less annoying.
* Helgon did some changes in their HTML, unfortunately they didn't replace their stupd table dependant design :C Anyway they changes broke the script,
so I fixed it.
* Created some bugs, solved them.
* Some major changes:
* Reworked the event handling code, should handle users franticly clicking the button now :)
* Rewrote the part which extracted user details from the prefs page. Reduced the code from 277 lines to 70 :D
* Should work at http://www.helgon.net as well ashttp://helgon.net now.
* Added license block
* Added a new passwordhandling system
* Added a installation manual