Script Summary: Adds colors to road segments and landmarks in the Waze Map Editor.
Addon script for Waze Map Editor (WME).
Adds colors to road segments to show their status, and to landmarks to show their type.
Checkboxes are added underneath the "User's Guide" button, on the left-hand side:
[_] Recently Edited (Green)
[_] Locks (Red)
[_] Toll (Dashed)
[_] No Name (Orange)
[_] No City (Gray)
[_] One Way (Blue)
[_] Unknown Direction (Cyan)
[_] Unterminated Roads (Lime)
[_] Filter by City: [_____v]
[_] Filter by Road Type: [_____v]
Advanced Options - area managers only
[_] Recently Edited (Green) [____] days
[_] Filter by Editor: [_____v]
[_] Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes
[_] Highlight Landmarks
parks/trees = pale green, water = blue
gas station = green, parking lot = pink
everything else = gray
Tip: The colors can be hard to see on Highways and Freeways. Turn off road layer (Shift+R) to see just the highlights.
Chrome Users: Download to Desktop, and drag into Extensions window.
Firefox Users: You'll need to have the Greasemonkey addon installed first.
Safari Users: There's this packaged up version that works on Safari.
Thanks to AlanOfTheBerg, bgodette, Dave2084, Twister_UK and Kuhlkatz for their contributions.
- Added support for States in Canada (removes INVALID STATE text on World server)
- Added option to invert City filter (thanks bensmithurst)
- Show Filter by City and Road Type options to all users
- Show "Unterminated Segments" option to all users
- Highlight landmarks when a specific city is selected
- More intelligent handling of states in city name highlight (thanks to skbun)
- Segments which cannot be edited by user have a black line through them
- Segments locked by an editor are shaded according to their rank
- Segments locked by the system are highlighted with a thin red line [Beta only]
- Segment rank and edit time is shown under Average Speed data for a selection
- Show city names with state and country if near a border
- Show matching city in alternate streets with dashed yellow (thanks skbun)
- Highlight nodes on main roads that have revcon or selfcon
- Highlight segments with no nodes (red) and unbroken loops (lime)
- Highlight segments by anonymous editors (usa_* and world_*)
- Notification of updated version at userscripts.org
- Minor tweaks and improvements
- fixed bug with reverse and self connection highlights not appearing.
v1.4 (Oct 2012)
- checkbox for showing highlighted turns when selecting a node or segment
- display turn warnings in edit panel for selected segment
- display average speed for selected segments (code by bgodette)
- suppress no name highlights from roundabouts and non-Streets
- suppress highlights from unterminated roads which are very short (<10m)>
- fixed many bugs for improved robustness and compatibility
- When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
- When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
- Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types
- Improved list of cities. Now shows more cities, sorted alphabetically
- Added segment count when highlighting cities or users
- Made Filter by City option persistent
- Railroads are rendered with black dots if Highlight Landmarks enabled (experimental)
- Newly paved roads are highlighted with fatter, brighter line
- Other minor fixes
- added Filter by City in Yellow
- No City highlight changed to Gray
- always highlight newly paved roads
- Filter by Editor will affect Recent Edits
- user levels now match number of cones in Beta
- added hide|show button (for old editor)
- fixed persistance of options in Firefox
- first non-beta, public release
- load script early, with delayed appearance of Advanced options in Firefox.
- fixed drop down list of editors in Firefox.
- various robustness fixes.
- Fix for missing options in Firefox.
- Preserve advanced options after logout.
- improved method of highlighting Recent edits (thanks Brian)
- Added Show edits by editor, with drop-down selection. Works with other highlights.
- Above features moved to Advanced section, which is only visible to AMs and above.
- Other minor tweaks and optimisations.
- moved options to 'Highlights' tab in beta WME
- minor bug fixes
- fixed Livemap date on NA server
- options are now persistent across editor reloads
- added option to highlight segments edited since last map update (thanks Brian)
- added filter so you can see own edits or edits by another user
- some minor code improvements
- Added highlights for one-way and unknown directions (thanks Alan)
- Hide segments which cannot be seen when zoomed out
- Incomplete gas stations highlighted in red (world editor only)
- Code has been refactored and optimised
- separated out some check boxes (thanks Alan)
- fixed bug with missing highlights in Firefox
- Segments and Landmarks are reset when unticking their check box
- Removed highlighting of segments with no city defined
- Toll roads are now blue dashes, or purple dashes if also locked
- Gas stations changed to dark green, to match beta editor
- Made the script options more visible (bottom left of screen)