Script Summary: Dragging any image allows you to do a reverse Google image search; for Chrome and Firefox.
How to use
- Install this extension/userscript
- Drag an image from your desktop or from any website and it will show an area to drop it off
- Drop the image in the box at the top
- Allow popups in the page if you haven't
- New tab should open and you have searched your image
Works for Firefox and Chrome (Workaround)Chrome: open Chrome with command line "chrome.exe --enable-easy-off-store-extension-install", then come here and press install
Firefox: install Greasemonkey or Scriptish and then press install
What can you drag?
- Desktop images (or images from your computer)
- Any image on any website (cannnot search background images)
- Website links (eg. ww w.blah.com/sdsds.jpg)
Disable Firefox Popup BlockerThis will allow any popup to open regardless from this userscript. Please be cautious or install Adblocker Plus!
- Open a new tab and type the "about:config" in the address bar
- Press the only button on the page "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- On the page, in the "Search" input field, type dom.disable_open_during_load
- The list below should show the option "dom.disable_open_during_load", double click it and make sure it is bold and Value is "false"
- Now all the popups will open without you being confronted with the popup blocker
- Tiny update: just added small css change because some sites can break it
- You can now drag links of images to be searched. (eg. ww w.blah.com/sdsds.jpg)
- Original upload of the script