Script Summary: Adds buttons to ProBoards' Quick Reply area so you can apply quick formatting. Has "quick quote" button as well to quote only selected text.
- Quick controls for post formatting, including Fonts, Sizes, and Colors!
- URL Button on QuickBar acts like Fark's in that it will put the URL in the URL field and let you fill in the text (defaults to link), or puts the text in the text field and puts your cursor at the URL area
- URL button will detect YouTube links and put the YouTube tag instead of URL. It's smart.
- Quick reply buttons on every post that will quote the entire post or sections (a la Fark). Note: the quote format is different than ProBoard's method. No tables or anything like that; it just quotes the person and the text, like Fark.
- Same-page thread jumping ability via clicking on the time of the post that is replied to (or the name if using this script's quoting format). Creates a way to "flow" through conversation in a thread (see screens)
- Larger reply box
- Preview Button for Quick Reply box
- Automatic image scaling in threads to avoid super-huge images messing up your browser window
- Multiple sizes for YouTube videos posted on ProBoards, which can be changed dynamically as videos play
- Automatic word breaking for lonnnnnnnnnnnnng words that -- by default on ProBoards -- break the table width. No more "window breaking" allowed
- Quick fix for quoting people with Quick Reply Buttons who have HTML in their usernames. Fancy people.
- Tweaks and fixes for long-word splitting. Ignores HTML, breaks up really long words into multiple chunks, etc.
- Added bar underneath embedded YouTube videos that will let you choose from 3 different video sizes for the window. There's Default, Medium and Large to choose from.
- You can change the size on-the-fly as a video is playing as well, which is nice.
- Found that ProBoards doesn't really scale images and a large image can sometimes ruin the layout of an entire page, so I threw in code to cap an image's max width at 800px.
- If an image exceeds 800px wide, its width is reduced and it becomes a link to the full-sized image.
- Added Preview button to quick reply area so you can preview before submit
- Major bug with polls fixed
- Apparently, removing double line breaks between tables removed the ability to vote in polls. Whoops.
- Fixed bar appearing on poll pages again as well.
- Added in a link to "Redisplay/Refresh" comments without hitting F5.
- When logged in, loads the thread with the "goto new post" option
- When logged out, just reloads the current page to avoid sending you back to page 1
- Script is currently being tested as native header/footer on Proboards, meaning it will could be available for copy/pasting into a ProBoard's admin panel and then be usable by all web browsers regardless of Greasemonkey support
- Got the anchor fixing to work in both ProBoard's quoted replies and this script's method as well.
- Ported over the "Quote following Arrows" too!
Click a reply's anchor (default: posts' time, this script's method: user name) and it'll jump up to the original post, and put a little green triangle near the top of the post you can click to jump right back down to where you started!
- Fixed a little bug relating to porting this to native ProBoard Header/Footer.
- Cleaned up Font list in dropdown.
- Fixed button bar location on threads with polls by determining where the textarea actually is
- Began cross-browser compatibility code insertion, for potential inclusion of this scripts functions natively into ProBoards (i.e.-button bars and quoting for all browsers without any add-ons!)
- Added Drop-downs in Quick Reply for choosing Font Sizes, Fonts, and Colors!
- Thanks to This post on another ProBoard for the Font List (and this one for colors).
- Note: Fonts are dependant on what is installed on your system, apparently. I just used the entire list from that post.
- Basics getting covered, next up is tweaking the "usage" of ProBoards a bit, time for a beer
- Optimized quick button method, should work in complex situations (e.g. multiple URLs in a post)
- Enlarged quick reply box vertically a bit more
- URL button will detect YouTube links and put those in youtube tags
- Scan for quoted posts on the page and attempt to fix anchors to avoid opening a new window.
- Todo: port over the Fark Anal Reverteresque Anchor/Reply Jumping methods and try to grab replies quoted using ProBoards' official method
- Expect another update today most likely, this is fun!
- I just didn't like the Quick Reply not having any buttons.
- I also didn't like the quote format on ProBoards and how I had to quote an entire post, so I made it only quote selected text
- Plenty of work and additions expected, stay tuned!