Script Summary: Download button. Search buttons. Hides advertisements panel, enables lyrics selection/copy, extends play automatically, and shows current track info on window/tab titlebar.
TipIt is strongly recommended to upgrade to Pandora's inexpensive monthly subscription to support them and receive high quality audio.
- Download tracks directly from Pandora. The download button works in the free version of Pandora. It downloads a decent quality 64kbps M4A track that plays freely in your media player. If you upgrade to Pandora One, the download button retrieves a higher quality MP3. I recommend upgrading. It's a very good deal. You can upgrade to Pandora One for free for 24 hours to see it work. NOTE: When you click the download button, If the song starts playing within your web browser, try right-clicking to find a "Save As" type of option. You may also find this option in the file menu of your browser (press the alt key in Windows to view the menu on some browsers). You can disable the media plugin that plays mp3s automatically so that they will download like any other file.
- Download artwork when you download a track.
- Search for the currently displayed track on many popular websites using search buttons. The buttons use as much information as possible to find the currently displayed track.
- Play is automatically extended three times (i.e., "I'm Listening" will be handled automatically for you three times).
- Track info is shown in browser window's title bar (station name is used during commercials).
- You can copy lyrics to the clipboard shortly after the song begins playing.
- It's easier to copy the track info to the clipboard.
- The advertisement panel to the right of the player is hidden and the player is centered on the page.
- A new menu item is added to the top right of the window called "Freemium" that provides access to the settings of Freemium.
- Google Direct Downloads Search
- Guitar Tablature Google Search
- 3.0.0: Removed Freemium drop-down menu and replaced it with a settings dialog. Enabled settings for all features.
- 2.9.0: Added history to metadata. Added timestamps to auto-continue logging to help debug future issues. Changed version format to standard convention.
- 2.8.2: Fixed download button. Needs more testing though and I still need to fix other reported issues that have resulted from changes Pandora has recently made.
- 2.8.1: Minor update to add artwork filename as query string when downloading artwork on older browsers. You'll still need to copy and paste, but this should make it less painful.
- Using HTML5 download attribute of anchor tags to automatically download track with correct filename in browsers that support the feature. This removes the need to configure your browser to automatically download by content type. Thanks to Christian for bringing the feature to my attention and for supplying code!
- Added an option to download album artwork along with the track. Enable the option under the Freemium menu. In older browsers, the artwork will show up in a new browser tab/window with a cryptic filename. In bleeding edge browsers, latest Chrome & Firefox Nightly as of 2/13/2013, the artwork will automatically download with the correct filename. You may encounter a warning about the page attempting to download multiple items at once. Permit the action and it will remember the permission for future downloads. Thanks to Christian for suggesting the feature and supplying code!
- 2.7.0: Minor code refactoring to make maintaining the search sites easier. Requested by Scuzzball.
- 2.6.0: Fixed bug that generated garbled filenames when saving. Thanks to Anton Kosterin for the code!
- Free version of Pandora pauses before auto-continue executes for third time.
- Metadata seems to be missing from downloaded audio files. You'll need to use a tool to convert the filename into metadata tags. You could also use a song fingerprinting tool to clean things up.
- Ability to copy lyrics and track info may become disabled after interacting with track navigator. Copying is enabled soon after each song starts playing.
Possible Future Features
- Make clicking on a search button launch a context menu with options for searching by Artist, Song, etc.. The options shown would change based on the search site since some sites only support certain types of searches.
- Allow new search sites to be added by user in the settings panel.
- Allow auto-continue length to be adjusted by user.
- Provide options for a larger player. Options may include: standard, large and fill browser window. The layout for lyrics, song info, and related artists would be responsive to the width of the browser: if wide enough, the sections would be shown side by side instead of stacked vertically.
- Add ability to seek within tracks.