Script Summary: Turn the G+ post stream into Pinterest !! Support screen resolution larger than 1024x768 (including 1920x1080, 1600x900 etc.) The script will adjust itself to adapt to you browser window!
The Chrome Extension version of this script has been released (finally)! CLICK HERE TO INSTALL!. Please remember to uninstall this script if you decide to use this Chrome version.
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ LOOK HERE ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
This script turn the Google+ post stream into Pinterest. When your screen is smaller than 1024x768, the script may not help you as you think.
- The script will ensure there be at least TWO columns on your screen. When your screen is not wide enough, the posts will be "compressed" into a smaller size to fit the screen width.
- When your mouse on a post for more than 2 seconds (when the border of the post changes), its position will be temporarily locked, to help you comment on it or read it.
- The entire Pinterest layout doesn't allow me put the "trending box / xxx have you in circle" on the page, but I don't want to lose it either. So currently, when your mouse on the black navigation bar, this block will show itself. To make it disappear, just click on the white space on your page. So when you see an overlap here, that's not a bug.
Also, the v0.3 version actually support you manually set how many columns there should be. However, I haven't made any 'setting up' UI yet. Before that, you can set this variable through the following method:
e.g. if you want to have only THREE columns on you screen, first you should open a page of plus.google.com . Then you will need to type
in the address bar. Then press Enter and refresh the page. Walla!
- The white navigation bar is hidden by default, to save space. Move your mouse to the black bar and stay for 2 seconds, the white bar will reveal itself.
If you like this script, you may also want to try the Google+ Timeline for the New UI version. But remember the scripts should not be enabled at the same time!
READ THIS BEFORE USING IT
- First, this script only changes the skin of G+, NO new function is implied, NO features like 'share to Pinterest' are developed, and may not be developed in the future.
- Second, the script's target is to use up all space that the New Google+ UI leaves to us and enhance your experience on Google+. Your Google+ must looks ugly when you have a wide screen like my 1920x1080. Can be very effective on a wide screen, but may not be cool on a screen less than 1280x1024.
- Third, actually, the script has nothing to do with the 'Pinterest'. Google+ and Pinterest are two products totally different. I will not try to turn one into the other. The 'pinterest' word is just used to help you understand this script's function. So does the 'timeline' in another script written by me.
- Forth, give it a try.
Next & Known Issues
- I will try improving the performance in the next version.
- The Timeline version will be merged into this script.
- Update for the latest profile layout
- Fix a post display bug for the latest Google+ update
- Fix the sharebox position on community page.
- Fix bugs. Provide support for community.
- Fix few bugs.
- Script is updated to adapt to the latest Google Plus CSS class change, which is nonsense. Anyway, it works now.
- Few bugs on Game page / search page is now fixed.
- Now the position of circle options is fixed.
- Fix the option menu's width.
- Fix a few bugs on Games page.
- Google changed its layout today. MUST UPDATE if you still want to use it!
- Minimal column number has been changed to TWO
- Few bugs are fixed.
- Fix the layout on Games page.
- Google update its layout today. Few bugs fixed.
- A great improvement on performance!
- A much more stable and effective version!
- Google+ Update its css code today. The script is now updated.
- Few bugs if fixed. Strongly recommend to update.
- The script is quite stable now.
- The init version. Will be bug-free the next version. If you encounter any problem, please let me know.