Script Summary: Adds a checkbox to /new and /comment pages which enable loading of new comments & links in realtime as they're created.
- Go to /r/askreddit/new and tick the 'realtime' button. Watch new questions appear as they're created.
- For practice speed reading try keeping up with /r/all/comments
- See newly submitted imgur posts in realtime by visiting /domain/imgur.com/new
- The script also works on /r/*/about/modqueue and /r/*/about/log pages, for mods wanting to keep track of their subreddits in realtime.
The refresh rate intervals are calculated in real-time based on the average length of time between new items on the page you're currently viewing. This means a busy subreddit will see far more frequent page updates. Requests are capped at between 5 seconds and 5 minutes.
Hover over the realtime checkbox to view the current refresh interval.
- Make the script work on nested comment pages, (it currently only works on listings pages which are sorted in date order).