Script Summary: Based on the script "DDG++" by nabeschin. Fixed it to work with the new layout of DDG, added new style and search engines.
Is your favorite search engine missing? Read below:
The script has most common search engines widely used by many people. There are still thousands and thousands of other used search engines. I'm writing this small guide about how to customize the script's search engines, so please do not request me to add your own favorite ones, instead follow the tutorial below and add them by on your own!
Adding new search engines
- Edit the script by opening its source code in any text editor.
- Look for the comment line: "Search links. Add new or remove search engines here".
- Below that comment is the list of search engines.
- Each search engine is defined on its own line.
The format for adding own search engine is following:
+'<li><a href="http://www.MYSEARCHENGINE.SOME/URL/BEGIN/PARAMETERS' + searchTerm + 'SOME/URL/END/PARAMETERS" title="MYSEARCENGINE">MYSEARCHENGINE</a></li>'
For example, I'm using this int the script for google search:
+'<li><a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=' + searchTerm + '" title="Google">Google</a></li>'
One example of possible url end parameters "&sort=seed&fz=&zs=&cat=" with ScrapeTorrent search:
+'<li><a href="http://scrapetorrent.com/Search/index.php?search=' + searchTerm + '&sort=seed&fz=&zs=&cat=" title="ScrapeTorrent">Torrents</a></li>'
Removing search engines
- Open the script's source code in any text editor and look for the search engines list.
- To remove any of the search engines simply delete the line where the search engine is defined.