Script Summary: Open online documents of almost any format like PDF,DOC,DOCX,XLS,PPT,RTF,ODT,ODS,ODP,CSV etc. using Google Docs and Zoho Viewer directly in your browser without need of any additional plugins.
Copyright: 2012, Deekshith Allamaneni (http://www.deekshith.in)
License: GPL version 3 or any later version; http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Uses Google docs API and Zoho Viewer API to open links with PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, PPT, RTF, ODT, ODS, ODP, CSV etc. files online in the browser itself without need for any third party software installed on your computer.
Tested OK on:
- Firefox 19.0.2 (also on latest Aurora and Nightly builds (as on 14th March, 2013)) with latest version of Greasemonkey.
Instead, you can also install the Docs Online Viewer firefox addon.
- Chrome 20 and Chromium 20 (Chrome 21 and above may install using TamperMonkey)
- Maxthon: Third party package for Maxthon is provided on the support website.
- Opera 12
Supported File Formats:
LicenseOpen-Source. GNU/GPL v3.
- For Firefox Users: First you need to have "Greasemonkey" addon installed. You can install it from here.
- After installing greasemonkey, install the script from this site by clicking on the "Install" button. Chrome/Chromium users can directly click on the Install button to the right top of the page.
Release Notes and Change Log
- Minor bug fix for Tampermonkey to include docs.google.com and add the help button.
- Mouse over icon Title tweaked. Shortened.
- Implemented Blocking of Unsupported Links.
- Fixed recognizing extensions irrespective of case.
- Added a small Help Button for quick support.
- Updated with new link icon with Data URI.
- Mouse Over Panels is implemented for Google Docs Viewer to provide distraction free yet fully functional reading experience.
- Mouse over title tweak.
- Removed support for Zoho Viewer as Zoho is soon dropping Zoho Viewer service.
- Performance: Revamped code with improve performance (contributed by MikeCupcake). Most of the code is re-written for better performance. All the less wanted features are stripped off making the code more lighter and responsive.
- Bug Fix: Appearance of links problem when using pdf.js on Firefox.
- Performance: Removed blacklisting of websites to improve performance. Alternate method is being worked upon insted of blacklisting the websites.
- Developer Friendly: Code is re-written to make it more easier to understand and debug.
- The Viewer Icon now appears to the left of the link. This change is done considering user feedback and stability issues.
Please let me know if there are any bugs: firstname.lastname@example.org