Script Summary: Companion script for user style http://bit.ly/zDe42J (updated 2012-11-26).
Minor functionality improvements to the BioWare Social Network, with a focus on group discussions.
With PM export, this script has a third party dependency, since Firefox as of version 16 doesn't natively support the required library. This has some implications:
- The library will be installed automatically (and cached for future use) when this script is installed but not if it is simply updated. The script must be re-installed manually (just click the button; you don't have to uninstall). An alert should inform the user if the script is updated without the required library.
- If a direct download is initiated the lack of native support means a file name cannot be specified. A work-around for Chrome 14+ is implemented but Firefox does not support it yet. However, upon saving a Web page Firefox will suggest the page title for the file name. Consequently, rather than trigger a download the script opens a new window with data that must then be saved as a Web page via the context menu or Ctrl+S.
- Clicking to export a PM may result in a blocked pop-up. This pop-up is safe (it's the PM).
- Firefox versions older than 14 are no longer supported.
- Right column now moved by JS instead of CSS. No more overlap.
- Export PMs to HTML. See remarks above.
- A "Top" link has been added between the last message and the reply form in PM threads.
- The bottom page navigation links in group discussion threads have been centred and the reply form's width has been greatly extended.
- Correctly hides countdown bar everywhere (script now applies site-wide).
- Hide ME3 countown bar when waiting for new operation announcement.
- Case insensitive BBcode.
- Added quote indicator.
- When quoting selected text fully contained inside a quote, original author is retained.
- Support for img tag.
- Disable on-blur submit of group posts while editing. Instead Edit Post becomes Save Post while editing.
- Apply BBCode transformation for common tags after edit.
- Quote-selected for group discussion posts (does not transform HTML to BBCode).
- Replace forum search with Google site-search.
- Move Group Subscription notification to the left.