Script Summary: YouTube shows playlists in an odd order by default, starting off with the playlist last selected. This happens everytime you click "Add to" (adding a new video to your playlist), or in your profile (to see your playlists in the header) and also in your Video Manager playlists. Time for a script to change that nonsense. My script arranges your playlists alphabetically. Now, finding the one you are looking for is much easier than before: the listbox on the "watch video page" is replaced by a "tag cloud", giving you a better overview. Enjoy and please leave feedback!
Copyright: 2012+, Paolo Brocco (http://www.pbworks.net)
License: GPL version 3 or any later version; http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
THE PROBLEM - YouTube standard "Add to"-box with an annoying playlist order.
THE SOLUTION - YouTube, with my script installed: playlists sorted alphabetically in a nicer tag cloud-styled box.
THE PROBLEM - YouTube, the standard playlists in the header are not sorted.
THE SOLUTION - YouTube, with my script installed playlists are sorted alphabetically.
Script tested and working on
- Firefox (Windows 7, Mac, tested with Scriptish)
- Chrome (Windows 7, Mac) requires the Tampermonkey extension
- 2012.12.08: youtube did some changes, so I had to adapt the script to be compatible with the new structure (btw I'm quite proud of the 13'710 downloads! ;) )
- 2012.10.09: fixed "sign in" button not working (when not logged in already), added automatic sorting for video manager playlists
- 2012.06.05: fixed bug caused by empty playlists; fixed sorting in the header playlist: system playlists are displayed first
- 2012.05.05: fixed issue preventing the script to be installed on Firefox for Mac
- 2012.04.24: now when you click on the top right button to see your profile, also the playlists in the header are sorted alphabetically
- 2012.04.20: youtube did some changes that messed up the script. Fixed. Changed also version number (now it's just the last modification date)
- 0.9.6: 2012-04-16 script fixed. Now it works again.
- 0.9.5: 2012-04-11 restored the tag cloud style
- 0.9.4: 2012-04-11 fixed basic functionality of this script (sorting playlists alphabetically)
- 0.9.3: replaced fixed 1000 ms (1 sec) timeout with a smarter (and faster) timeout and element check (should work for slower connections); now it works also in all youtube pages where the "Add to" button is found
- 0.9.2: added styles to make the box larger. It uses more space and shows all your lists like in a tag cloud (you still must scroll if you have many lists, but it should be easier to have an overview)
- 0.9.1: cleaned some code, added some (CSS) styling
- 0.9.0: first public version
- Playlists titles truncated: this comes from youtube but I may add an option to display them
- It's not possible to reverse order via youtube buttons (A-Z, Z-A, Date Creation). If you need that feature then disable this script.