Script Summary: Replaces new Facebook chat sidebar with one like the original - 2013
Works with Firefox 21, Google Chrome 27 & Opera 12 (tested)
This userscript replaces the new Facebook Chat Sidebar with one like the original!
It hooks Facebooks internal functions to display the old chat.
By the way the new Feed ticker is integrated in the right bar and isn't depending on the chat anymore.
It really works, even with the Timeline update ;) Please share this userscript or write a review!
How to install:Firefox
Chromium and Google Chrome (version 4 and higher) have built-in
support for Greasemonkey-style user scripts.
To use, click on any .user.js file. You should see an download dialog.
Go to chrome://chrome/extensions/ and drag the file into the browser window.
Step 1. Create a folder anywhere on your computer.
Step 2. Copy all userscripts to that folder.
Step 3. Open opera. Go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Content >
Click "OK" and exit preference window.
Opera Userscripts & HTTPS
When you're adding friends to lists or create a new one refresh the page after you're done.
Create friend lists: Click on "Create List" in the overview.
Hide/Show friend lists permanently: navigate to the overview.
Select a list, click "Manage Lists" in the upper right corner and choose "Archive List" (can be restored).
This works for all lists besides from "Close Friends", "Acquaintances" and "Restricted".
You can empty these lists to hide them.
Order of lists: In general they will be shown in order of their creation date, but you can easily reorder them!
Persistence: This userscript uses localStorage to store settings.
When you clear cookies, the localStorage will be cleared as well.
- Fixed: New method to access DOM (Chrome 27)
- Fb update
- Fixed: List style
- Fixed: New Chat appeared
- Fixed: Sometimes Chat was completely hidden
- Added Scroll to Top
- Fixed: Friends Browser couldn't be closed completely
- Improved Hook
- Fixed some issues
- Added mobile list
- Fb removed timeline icon
- Fixed some issues
- Fb update
- Added Quick Edit Link
- Added "Manage Lists" to the dropdown menu
- Improved performance
- Bugfix: Under certain conditions the chat did not load (since 1.9.6)
- Added support for new timeline button
- Bugfix: Regular expression (Fb update)
- Bugfix: Open/loading chat glitch
- Bugfix: Sometimes the new chat was opened
- Bugfix: Chat broken (Fb update)
- Bugfix: Chat doesn't load (Fb update)
- Bugfix: Profile links (Fb update)
- Improved Reordering
- Bugfix: Open chat tab doesn't work (Fb update)
- Added feature to reorder friend lists
- Added Toggle friend lists (doesn't affect privacy settings)
- Added "Other" Group (unlisted friends)
- Added friend lists support
- Group friends by individual lists
- Added profile links
- Added settings
- Minor fixes
- Added @updateURL metatag to support native update checking (Greasemonkey 0.9.12+)
- Changed this.root.querySelector('.label').innerHTML to this.label.innerHTML (equal)
- Changed w.Chat.isOnline() to c.chatVisibility.isOnline() (equal)
- Added isOnline check before open buddylist
- Added _getAvailableList hook
- 1.4.0 ( Public Release )
- Improved code