Script Summary: Gets the old order of subscriptions on the YouTube start page back.
It replaces the new start page of YouTube with one it generates on it's own which has the same style of showing your subscriptions as the old start page of YouTube had.
Because it builds all by itself it is much less influenced by YouTube partner program and all video's will be shown. It even shows playlists in the overview.
If that is not enough it has also some features that are normally only accessible through other userscripts like hiding seen videos or marking them as seen. And if you want to see more of an subscription you can simply see more thumbs by clicking a button.
Something i might add: This script is network and CPU intensive. If you have a huge amount of subscriptions it might lag. I don't want to prefer a browser or anything but you get the best user experience at the moment only in google chrome/chromium. Trust me: I'm working on the performance.
TroubleshootingScript not working? Try these few steps:
- Check if you are logged in!
- Do you have the newest script version? Try installing it again if you are not sure!
- Do you have the script installed twice? This happens sometimes, remove both and install it again.
- Is you YouTube url one of those: /, /home, /guide
- Is your browser up-to-date?
- Also try deleting cookies on YouTube
- Your browser, version and os
- The exact url to your startpage
- YouTube experiments you participate in
- Other scripts that may change YouTube
- Errors you have in your js console (press STRG+SHIFT+J, reload the page and than copy everything)
- Also tell me what exactly doesn't work. Does the script nothing or is the page just empty? For design errors please include a screenshot.
If you miss something in this script, there is something called "Discussions" here. Open a new one for each suggestion and tell me. I don't bite... that much.
- Firefox with the extension Greasemonkey
- Google Chrome (also Chromium etc.) with the extension Tampermonkey. There are also ways to install it without another extension but those are harder to explain.
- Opera You can read here how and note that opera can be slower on YouTubes start page with this script installed.
It is very likely that it works on other Browsers that in some bizarre way can execute userscripts. For example Safari is known to work but I only test the browser above.
Other Scripts you might wanna try
I don't know why YouTube made it so complicated to navigate. The spawn of other scripts that try to get some user friendlieness back proof my statement. I for myself use some other userscripts from great authors. Here are (i think) the best:
- YousableTubeFix for Firefox/Chrome/Opera This script enhances the watch page with download, resize... You know what? Just look at the feature list.
- startpage inbox puts a little box on the right top of the startpage and tells you if someone answered to/wrote you something. Also I now take care that it doesn't break in combination with mine. ;)