Enhances the artist splitter edit page to make it far more functional
This script greatly enhances the artist split page to make it far easier and faster to split artists.
The script automatically splits any 'artist' into however many artist listings should be needed, using " & " as the separator, when the split edit page is first opened.
Additionally, for those artists who aren't in the database, rather than have to open a new tab, create the artist, then come back, switch to a direct search, find the new artist, select them, etc... this script inlines the add artist edit right into the page. It lets you create the new artist, and then automatically resolves the artist to be split.
This script is compatible with both Firefox and Chrome. I have no plans to add support for other browsers. However, it seems to work in Opera without any issues.Tested and working in:
Version history:v1.0.0: 2011-11-15: Initial public version.
v1.1.0: 2011-11-17: Fix a bug that caused the tab to become unresponsive in Chrome after loading the /split page if the artist cannot currently be split.
v1.1.1 2012-01-07: Update to work around an annoying Chrome @match/@include bug. Also add support to split on artist AC pages.
v1.1.2 2012-04-21: Added commas to the artist parser, so it will now auto-split on ", " as well as on " & ".
- Firefox 3.6.24 on Ubuntu
- Chrome 17.0.942.0 on Ubuntu
- Chrome 16.0.912.63 on Windows 7
- Opera 11.52 on Ubuntu
- Add artist reordering support
- Creating artists currently only works for artist lines which the script creates. It'd be nice to have it also work for lines manually added by the editor.
- Refactor the code so this can also be used for ACs in the release editor.
- Make the sortname code at least slightly more intelligent, so it handles "The Foo Bars" correctly.